Mikado Logger 2-8-2 AutoCAD drawings

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Odyknuck

Re: Mikado Logger 2-8-2 AutoCAD drawings

Post by Odyknuck »

Jon W wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:17 am Odyknuck - are you aware of the Autocad “pdf import” command? Might get you where you want to go, if you have a pdf as starting point. Depending on how the source pdf was created, it can yield an accurate and completely functional vector dwg.
Unfortunately, I do not have PDF files to convert, Only hard copy drawings. I may have to create the drawings in Mastercam however was hoping to eliminate that step.
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

NP317 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:58 am
Odyknuck wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:47 am In need of AutoCad.dwg files for the Railroad warehouse 2-8-2 logging Mikado. I have most of the files however not the ones I need to complete the parts that have not been made as in driver rods and valve gear/reverse linkages. I have a list of file names to make it easier.
Thanks in advance
Steve
Steve:
If your search is unsuccessful, you can always do what I did and fabricate all those parts from your original RR Warehouse drawings.
I used 303 stainless steel stock.
RussN

MillRods3 sml.jpg

Rods1small.jpg

Valve Gear Rods.jpg
Ha! Ha! funny guy. Too much like work Russ lol. I have access to an entire CNC machine shop at no cost to me, so I that's the direction I am heading. I may have to create the Mastercam drawings I need from hardcopy. Still a lot less work than making the parts manually.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Steve:
Now I understand...
RussN