unbelievable scale model work

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Fred_V

unbelievable scale model work

Post by Fred_V »

http://www.onesixthcollectors.co.uk/clu ... php?t=3989

check this out. scroll down to see the builder next to his work.
fred v
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

The guy must be retired....no way he can have enough time to do something like that with a day job!

Someone actually flipped me the link to that site about 2 weeks ago...I had to take a 2nd look at the photos before I realized these were models. The figures looked "a little stiff", but no doubt, a superb job of modeling.

I guess the Germans had problems figuring out a "good" crosshead system since the pistons (on the model shown) had a tail end support shaft that came through the front cylinder head.

Didn't see any comments whether this was live steam, powered or not. Then again, we got a few 1/8 scale military trains floating around this country too with flat car loads made of "diesel destroyers", otherwise known as RC tanks. cb
highiron999

Post by highiron999 »

Fred_V;

Thank you soooo much for posting this. Truely awesome work although not a working model. The text on the third page says the engine was built in only two weeks!!

The sets and the composition shows a REAL eye for detail. This guy needs to contact Hollywood, because this type of work would be far more facinating than the endless computer effects! As a kid at the movies, we knew that we were seeing models, yet part of the fun was imagining what neat toys the models would be. Alas, gone but not forgotten.

Leonard Evans/highiron999
FredR

Post by FredR »

Well, I didn't realize what I was looking at when I first got loaded. I thought it was a Chinese train or something more modern. Then I realized what was going on and my mouth dropped. Then after looking at all the photos, I became really impressed. Sure wish they were over here closer so I could go and check it out..... :cry:
siggy

Post by siggy »

Fred - I just sent you a private message. If you don't get it reply back here.

Robert
srrl5

Post by srrl5 »

siggy wrote:Fred - I just sent you a private message. If you don't get it reply back here.

Robert
Which Fred?
siggy

Post by siggy »

Sorry. Fred Rorex. I think we used to work together several years ago.
RONALD

Swastika

Post by RONALD »

When I first looked at those wonderful dioramas I was impressed by the great detail and craftmanship used, but as I looked again I noticed something was missing; Swastikas. A friend of mine is putting a Revelle U Boat together, and because the kit was manufactured in Germany, the law does not allow any display, even for historical purposes of the Swastika. Luckily because of our First Amendment, he can get the proper decals at most hobby shops. If you are a japanese model or film maker do you put white rectangles where the Rising Sun should be? For these cases it is a stupid law, it attempts to rewrite history just like the Nazi's did.
FredR

Another link to more photos

Post by FredR »