Locomotive Works

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

cp4449

Locomotive Works

Post by cp4449 »

Been two months since we heard that Russell Stewart had delivered all of the inventory of Little Engines of CA (the small scale stuff) to his place in PA. When is a website going up if one wants to buy parts/plans, or how does one contact him for parts?
Christopher P. Mahony
Los Angeles Live Steamers
1 inch scale member
RDS in W PA

Locomotive Works

Post by RDS in W PA »

Good day to all,

I have been attempting to work my day job (so to speak) and get The Locomotive Works set up to do business at the same time. Unfortunately, my day job has moved me 300 miles from my home. The realization that I can not get all that I need to do done from this far away from home has finally come. Last week, I turned in my two week notice, and have one more week to work my current assignment in this remote location. I will be working full time at home to insure the success of The Locomotive Works. Verizon has installed a second phone line and I will be taking Fax orders on that line next week. The number is (724) 573-9091. E-mails can be sent to locomotiveworks1@msn.com Once I am home I will be contacting a web designer and get a new website for the smaller scale items. Please give me just a little more time and all will be well.

Thank you very much,
Russell Stewart
srrl5

Re: Locomotive Works

Post by srrl5 »

RDS in W PA wrote: I will be working full time at home to insure the success of The Locomotive Works.
Thank you very much,
Russell Stewart
I wish you the best. The hobby can be a tough place to make a living. But the suppliers are defiantly needed.

Thanks, and good luck.

David
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
mattmason

Good Luck!

Post by mattmason »

Russell,

Good luck to you. From those of us who prefer 1" scale (and smaller), we really hope you the best. It's a tough business, but good supplies and great service can take you far.

Matt Mason
Editor
The Home Railway Journal
cp4449

1 inch suppliers

Post by cp4449 »

I echo Matt Mason's comments. I wish you all the luck.
Christopher P. Mahony
Los Angeles Live Steamers
1 inch scale member
Rockhouse

Post by Rockhouse »

This will be wonderful news to many although now to late to help me. I am sure many others in the future will be appreciative and grateful.

I switched size. I've a Little Engines 1" 0-6-0 started from quite a long time back now abandoned in favor of 1-1/2 inch due to the lack of parts and support and any future hope.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

Rockhouse wrote:although now to late to help me.
I switched size. I've a Little Engines 1" 0-6-0 started from quite a long time back now abandoned in favor ...
Actually it WILL help you. You wouldn't have much chance of selling that 1" engine, but when parts / plans / support are available, you will.

Steve
JohnHudak

Post by JohnHudak »

Russ, Where in PA. will you be located?
highiron999

Post by highiron999 »

Russ;

Congratulations and my hat is off to you. You have taken on quite a project and I feel that you will do very well. I must pause and reflect on Dave's comment about 'defiantly' needed as opposed to 'definitely' needed. We do definitely need you and you can relax the critics by letting folks know what you plan to do to make sure that the casting and drawings etc. will be available. People only want to know what to expect so they can plan around those expectations IMHO.

Again, Congratulations!

Leonard Evans/Highiron999
srrl5

Post by srrl5 »

Russ;

Sorry about using the wrong word. Spelling is not my best subject. So I use a spell check program. Which only tells you if a word is misspelled not if it is the word you meant to use. I meant 'definitely'. :oops:

David
We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.
pkastagehand

Post by pkastagehand »

JohnHudak wrote:Russ, Where in PA. will you be located?
I second that! You don't need to give out anything private for the spammers, etc. but a general vicinity would be nice to know. I am building in 3/4" and travel to PA usually a couple times I year. If near my route I might save some shipping when I'm in the market for goodies.

Paul
RDS in W PA

Post by RDS in W PA »

Hello again to all,

I will be running The Locomotive Works from my home. As you suggest, I will not post my home address but, the nearest town to me is Georgetown, PA. If you look at the West border of PA, find the Ohio River exiting PA, Georgetown is on the South side of the Ohio River just before it exits PA. When things are a little more organized, we may accept visitors and direct pick up of goods for those who wish to stop by when you are in the area.

Thanks again,
Russell