New; "Narrow Gauge Exchange", the NG info forum

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Loco112

New; "Narrow Gauge Exchange", the NG info forum

Post by Loco112 »

Forum Members

I have started a forum and website for the study, collection and trading of prototype information related to Narrow Gauge Equipment.
Its at; www.narrowgaugeexchange.org

If you have any present or future NG project that you plan on using the "original builders drawings" on, then we want you to be a part of this forum. There will also be posted photos and other written information.

Please take a look and read the;
Narrow Gauge Exchange (NGX) { Administrative notices etc. Read this before you get started posting}.

That NGX forum category (above) explains everything.

For those of you who are standard gaugers , and you also plan to and want to use the real original blueprints on your pumps, governors, couplers, and other non-gauge specific parts, you can join in too, but you have to limit your posting to "non-gauge specific parts". The only things that our standard gaugers would not be able to talk about would be the locomotive drawings for your; Allegany, Big Boy or CP Huntington, but you guys all know where to find those anyway, and if you don't I and a few others can and will help you with that.

The idea is to develop the forum into "the" place where all the narrow gauger "projecteers" that aspire to build the finest projects can all meet to talk, and discuss their projects and find the information they need.

Check it out!
Last edited by Loco112 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FredR

Post by FredR »

Ok, I'm in. Just waiting on that admin guy to activate the account :wink:
Fred
Loco112

Your in.

Post by Loco112 »

Your in.

Wow, customer service is a demanding position!

I'm going to have to talk to my broker and see about retirement!
RICHK

Re: New; "Narrow Gauge Exchange", the NG info forum

Post by RICHK »

Hello Loco112,
It seems that this forum "narrow gauge information. org" is defunct.
Clicking on the link mentioned above goes nowhere.
I have "joined" this group evidently to no avail.
My postings to this group do not show up.
Also I have recently sent numerous private mailings to Loco112, again no answers.
I wonder if he is still with us.
Hope he will replys.
FLSTEAM

Post by FLSTEAM »

The "Standards" rules and regulations were a tad bit too demanding for me. My Shay is pretty close to what it should be but I had no way to get builders drawings for it. So I never ask to join.

John B.
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Sadly everything has a life cycle, especially web pages. Great idea at the time. Maybe he didn’t have anybody to hand it off to, or the cost of hosting eventually caused it to close. Or just to much to do with to little return... It’s hard to keep these things going sometimes.

Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
Loco112

Post by Loco112 »

NGX will be back up soon. All the members still network.

Hosting issues shut it down, our ISP was horrible, thats what let it go off for a while. It might be back up in late July

I paid for it 100%, but I ran it for everyone.

There were 3 rules; ( 1: having a NG project to work toward, 2: seeking the real blueprints for use in your project, 3: post one introductory post, letting the other members know what you are working on, and what you seek. That is what allowed the site to network and everyone help each other. That is the "Exchange" part of the concept.

The forum was great, it worked. Everyone could find the other guys that were into their same prototypes, and info was easily found.

It'll be better than ever real soon. Thanks for asking.
JTolan

Post by JTolan »

Welp, I am building Oahu 85. One day my prince will come :)