THE AIR COMPRESSOR IS PIPED AND RUNNING

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Trainman4602

THE AIR COMPRESSOR IS PIPED AND RUNNING

Post by Trainman4602 »

I finished piping up the compressor tonight. Of course I had to try it. I just ran it on about 80 pounds of shop air.

The output is just what I expected it to be. On 80 lbs I could only maintain 40 lbs of air pressure. At 120 lbs steam preaaure, I think it will at least make 60lbs or better. That’s enough to apply the independent brake. I figured that I could use it when running light or during yard movement. I believe it will not be able to run my automatic system. I have an electric compressor for that application
Attachments
Picture 221.jpg
Picture 226.jpg
Picture 227.jpg
111.jpg
timmy wheeler

Post by timmy wheeler »

Hey Dave - it is about time for another youtube! Beats the heck out of the thing my wife watches. Timmy
Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis »

This level of perfection is almost too much to bear. The still photos give me heart palpitations just looking at them. A video would probably make me pass out. Perhaps I'll just scrap everything I've made so far and start over. Or go into collecting plastic bottle caps. Thanks for all you've shared. It's quite an inspiration.
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

Thanks to all

I’ll be making another you tube in a couple of weeks. This one will be on the test firing of the 1361. I’ll go over all the fine points as well as the detail It will probably be in several parts. Look for it soon.

BTW I made one tonight but the you tube site is down for repair NUTS

I’ll get up and running ASAP