3.5" Gauge Track Facility

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Wayne Davis

Re: 3.5" Gauge Track Facility

Post by Wayne Davis »

The Iowa Model Steam Engineers has a 3/4" and 1" highline that is 650 feet long. Check our web page below for video links of the highline.

Wayne Davis

http://home.mchsi.com/~train
Attachments
106_0695.JPG
Iowa Model Steam Engineers highline
Iowa Model Steam Engineers highline
IMSE highline steaming bays
IMSE highline steaming bays
Marty_Knox

Post by Marty_Knox »

Looks like a great facility, Wayne. Maybe someday I'll get there with my Atlantic. Does everyone there ride straddling the track? Or do some ride side-saddle?
Wayne Davis

Post by Wayne Davis »

Marty our last track at Scottie's could only be ridden side-saddle because of some trees that were to close. At our current track site you can do either. Some of our members that ran on our old track still like to ride side-saddle. Most of us have switched to straddle though. I think it is much more comfortable to ride straddle.

The high line has not been getting much action lately. I have built a 1 1/2" Mogul and do not have a home track in this scale so can only run at the club track or at friends. Dad has a 1" track so we run the small engines at home and take the big one to the club meets.

I would love to have some of the smaller gauge modelers come and use the high line. It is fun to run on with curves in both directions and a long uphill straight through a grove of trees.

Wayne