hadfield Power Reverser

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

prlawiii

Re: hadfield Power Reverser

Post by prlawiii »

Jim,

Lately, McMaster won't ship order outside the U.S., unless you are a commercial account purchaser. I had to create an account where my address was my sister's place in North Carolina, and they would ship there and then I had to get her to ship to Canada. Do you have a friend in the States you can use in the same way?

Herman
Just starting an Allen Mogul
renewing a Marie Estelle
Jim_Nolan

Post by Jim_Nolan »

Gentlemen

Firstly thanks for all the offers of help, I work for an American company so it’s been relatively easy to get someone to purchase the items for me.

For all the PM’s that want to buy some of the rod please email me at jnolan-at-harsco.com. I bought 36” of 0.25 X 4 start rod and need only about 4 inches so there is plenty spare. Cost will be about a $1 an inch plus postage.

For all who want a copy of the drawings I only have paper copies at the moment and I have been quoted about $120 to scan the A1 size sheets so that’s on the back burner for obvious reasons. I will probably redraw the whole lot in AutoCAD if you can wait till then.

There is a very good set of drawings available from John Young’s site at http://www.sarsteam.co.za/index.php they are on the 15F CD. They differ from the 25NC set I needed in that the linkage is slightly different between the reverser cylinders and adjustment is by a Johnsons bar? Not the screw type used on the 25NC.

Thanks for all the interest one final thing is, who owned Hadfield anyone know? I am beginning to think it must have been Beyer Peacock but that’s only a guess.

Jim
www.northernsteam.com
Philipdavis

Post by Philipdavis »

Gday mate. I am part owner in loco 6029 a Garratt locomotive in nsw Australia. We are needing to rebuild the reverse screw and block and are after some drawings of the power reverser would you be able to help with drawings.
Attachments
55D1D4D2-75C1-411F-8902-B84C8F117432.jpeg
Jim_Nolan

Post by Jim_Nolan »

If you email me at jim@northernsteam.com ill send you a link to my drive folder and you can download them from there.

Jim
www.northernsteam.com