Prototypical looking hydrostatic lubricator?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

NP317

Re: Prototypical looking hydrostatic lubricator?

Post by NP317 »

The logging locos I ran all used Detroit lubricators: 3 outputs for most locos, and 5 outputs for the Mallets.
We always carefully followed the draining protocols before opening them up to refill, and never got showered.
We could see the stains on the cab roof where other operators made mistakes. That served as a warning for the rest of us.
RussN
Berkman

Post by Berkman »

Most air pumps got air operated lubricators on them, certainly almost any compound pump I've seen has a mechanical air operated lubricator of some kind on it.

I think making an air operated 1.5 scale air pump lubricator would be a nightmare to keep it reliable etc, but it would be neat if someone made a hydrostatic waterpump/air pump lubricator that looked like the air operated mechanical ones.
E6s 68

Post by E6s 68 »

To all,

I have attached a photo of a full size 3 feed Detroit 22 hydrostatic lubricator and a working 1.5" scale ready for assembly and testing. The casting set contains 8 bronze and brass castings. I will offer the casting set with plans for the build as originally by Saturated Steam if there is sufficient interest.
Sending a PM would be helpful. Thank you.
E6s 68
DSCN4771.JPG
DSCN4772.JPG
Sandiapaul

Post by Sandiapaul »

Interested
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

I have seen the one in E6s 68’s locomotive. The photos don’t do it justice!

My name is already on the list for one to go in the cab of my 92.

Andy Pullen
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.