Roger Goldmann

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

John Rukgaber

Re: Roger Goldmann

Post by John Rukgaber »

I would like to post this that Roger Goldman did return the money I had sent him over the past 9 years for the chassis on air.

John Dennis
rwheller

Post by rwheller »

At this time Roger is also in the process of returning our money also. I will update this when we receive the checks. Thank you
Chris Hollands

Post by Chris Hollands »

Maybe airing your greivence on chaski was a good thing and gave Roger the push he needed to sort out the problem.

If only I had known about chaski when I was dealing with Ken Seymour at super power detail that guy was a fraud and still owes me over $1000 us for items he never supplied :evil:
Dan Willey

Post by Dan Willey »

rwheller... glad you are getting some of your money back from Roger Goldmann. btw.... $11,250 adjusted for the average inflation rate of 2.5% these past 9 years is now about $14,000. Maybe Roger will find it in his (heart) to pay you some of the inflationary losses. (Not mentioning real interest for actually borrowing the money for 9 years.)

Chris... yes, if only we knew about Ken Seymour at Super Power Detail. Ken cashed my $225 check and never sent a part (Nathan Lubricator) either. But $1000... ouch.

Dan

ps: On a positive note, yes, I really appreciate the Chaski board and those behind the scene keeping it alive and active!
1/8 scale: Mercer Locomotive K4, Saturated Steam E6
Full scale: Woodings CBL speeder/motorcar NARCOA
Greg_Lewis

Post by Greg_Lewis »

If your dealings with a supplier involve the mail, you might be able to get help from the postal inspectors. Mail fraud is taken seriously by the USPS. I once filed a complaint and the perp was motivated to solve the problem quickly.
Greg Lewis, Prop.
Eyeball Engineering — Home of the dull toolbit.
Our motto: "That looks about right."
Celebrating 35 years of turning perfectly good metal into bits of useless scrap.
rwheller

Post by rwheller »

On August 1, both my son and I got casher's check for the amount owed from Roger. Case closed. :o :D
steamin10

Post by steamin10 »

Thanks for putting in the last event, for your trials. Iknow the frustration of such events that leave you in a dark mood, but I alos know people get into situations that are hard or impossible to control for them. To me, it shows he cares a bit, to make the effort to come even. Move on, and make up for the time lost, and the spilled milk is gone forever. Today becomes a brighter day, if you are not hampered by the past. Live now. Thanks again.

(No affiliiation with these parties beyond the Board here).
Big Dave, former Millwright, Electrician, Environmental conditioning, and back yard Fixxit guy. Now retired, persuing boats, trains, and broken relics.
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart. My computer beat me at chess, but not kickboxing
It is not getting caught in the rain, its learning to dance in it. People saying good morning, should have to prove it.
Loco112

Post by Loco112 »

I'm so glad to hear that Roger G took care of his accounts and was able to return those large deposits.

In this day and age I fully expected this to be another supplier/customer horror story, and it was not.

Roger should be commended for the proper long term handling of his customers funds.
gwrdriver

Post by gwrdriver »

Greg_Lewis wrote:If your dealings with a supplier involve the mail, . . . Mail fraud is taken seriously by the USPS.
I worked with Postal Inspectors for several years and this is the case. If a transaction was solicited, discussed, negotiated, or paid for through the US mails the Vendor has 30 days to supply the goods, or have an explanation for the delay AND a firm delivery date, or upon request refund the entire amount. Every mail fraud report will result in an investigation and I never met a Postal Inspector with a sense of humor. If it was a credit card transaction you can dispute the charge and the vendor must respond with a justification for the charge and proof of delivery. Protections are out there, but the buyer must take actions to help himself.
GWRdriver
Nashville TN
Live Steam Locomotives

Post by Live Steam Locomotives »

I feel that the time has come for me to comment on this thread.

I am truly sorry for the delays that began eight years ago and I apologize for the confusion created in this forum. Please note from the previous posts that ALL issues raised here have been settled. Please also note that EVERYONE that posted here who paid money to Live Steam Locomotives has either received what they ordered or received a refund. I very much appreciate those on this forum whose posts either supported me or gave me the benefit of the doubt.

What began eight years ago was that my parents, now ages 97 and 98, unexpectedly for health, well-being and other "they are my parents" reasons, began requiring increasing and unpredictable types of help. Over seven years ago, my mother suddenly found herself with no place to live and unable to take care of herself so I took her into my own home where she is both bed and wheelchair bound and totally dependent on me for absolutely everything she needs. In parallel, I separately take care of my father at a different residence.

When my parents' healthcare issues began to completely overwhelm them, I had to take over full responsibility for all of it. That meant managing and carrying out every detail, including all doctor and dentist appointments, trips to urgent care, emergency, extended hospital stays, extended rehabilitations, implementing all treatment plans as well as being their sole caregiver and nurse. They have had numerous non life-threatening and life-threatening medical crises including very risky major operations and illnesses.

The daily living requirements of both of my parents are an additional and separate responsibility on top of their healthcare needs for which I am also solely responsible 24/365, including all transportation, shopping, meals, doing laundry and plenty of other things. Anyone who has ever personally taken care of an elderly parent with very serious medical conditions and ever-increasing dependence understands what a time-consuming seven day a week responsibility it is to take care of just one elderly parent much less to take care of two very elderly parents at separate residences.

This is where a major portion of my time has been going for the past eight years. My 80+ hour work week soon became potential windows of a chance to complete machine work that the next crisis took away. This situation leaves time for shipping rough castings and drawings and providing customer support, but insufficient time for doing lengthy CNC production runs of parts needed to complete large quantities of chassis-on-air models quickly.

Making chassis-on-air models affordable requires keeping the costs down by running AT LEAST 10 OR MORE complete sets of ALL parts on CNC for each different wheel arrangement. Much of that machine work has already been completed and, as time permits, I will continue to machine more parts for chassis-on-air models. I will then offer each chassis-on-air for sale AFTER it has been completed and it is ready for immediate delivery.

I understand that my parents will eventually pass away, but I am determined that it won't be because I did not do my best to take care of them while they needed my help. I would not be here or have anything, if they had not first helped me. These past eight years have been my opportunity to return the favor. Family has had to come first.

In closing, I would like to thank all of my customers who have purchased from me over the years. If you have not visited my web site in a while, I would like to encourage you to visit it again and browse through all of the locomotive pages listed in the navigation bar as well as the pages accessible by clicking on the embedded link "castings" to read customer feedback comments and to see and read about some of the amazing accomplishments of just a few of my very talented customers. Live Steam Locomotives continues to be open for business with prompt delivery of reproduction railroad drawings and beautiful, high quality, well-designed castings from a well-stocked inventory.
Roger Goldmann
Live Steam Locomotives
www.livesteamlocomotives.com
highiron999

Post by highiron999 »

Thanks for posting this reply. It helps clear things up. Good to hear!

Leonard Evans/Highiron999
Chris Hollands

Post by Chris Hollands »

I'll be up front I personally have not had any issues with Roger and I have bought a lot of stuff off him .

But I always wonder why people cant be honest ,they will take your money in a heart beat but when they strike problems in life like we all do, they don't supply ,but they come up with excuses and still take your money for the next item you want ,when at this stage they know they will not be able to supply ,at this stage Roger could of said Ive got problems and I cant supply ,but no this did not happen and I wonder if it had not been put on chaski weather it would of been sorted out ,I would say proably not. (fraud comes to mind)

Ken Seymour Superpower detail did the exact thing to me and numerous others ,always excuses but please give me more money and I will deliver all of your order together ,you know the out come.

Roger can you honestly say you would of sorted this out as quick as you have , if at all, had it not come up on this site ,I have to think you have done a Ken Seymour to these couple of people when it would of been so easy to say to these people I cant deliver here is your money back,but no they had to go through crap and be made out to be the bad guys when the problem was yours.

If you are going to offer a service think how you would feel if the boot was on the other foot ,these people were let down and badly.

Im happy to a point, it has been sorted out and Roger has done SORT of the right thing to save face ,but no excuses it should not of come to this.

Ken Seymour burnt me badly so I get pretty angry when something similar happens to other people.

The thing with this hobby is there is a lot of honestly and trust between us all and if someone said to me I will supply this ,I generally send my money no questions asked and Im sure most people on this site are like that ,I hope this does not change .