"Memories"

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

keyrouteken

"Memories"

Post by keyrouteken »

Some other views of Live Steam action in ages past...

Enjoy !!

Ken Shattock
Attachments
The late Harry Dixon and his 3 1/2-inch gauge tank engine "Dixie Dee" accelerates down the line after taking on water.  A Southern Pacific freight train at the rear waits for the highball!
The late Harry Dixon and his 3 1/2-inch gauge tank engine "Dixie Dee" accelerates down the line after taking on water. A Southern Pacific freight train at the rear waits for the highball!
A beloved Live Steamer to many--the late "Tom Stambaugh" along with the late "Frank Dee".
A beloved Live Steamer to many--the late "Tom Stambaugh" along with the late "Frank Dee".
L-R: Barney Emerson, Vic Shattock, and Larry Duggan at GGLS-Redwood Park--1949. Larry was the originator of the club bulletin, "The Callboy". The engine is Vic's 0-4-2 tank loco--a twin of Harry's "Dixie Dee".
L-R: Barney Emerson, Vic Shattock, and Larry Duggan at GGLS-Redwood Park--1949. Larry was the originator of the club bulletin, "The Callboy". The engine is Vic's 0-4-2 tank loco--a twin of Harry's "Dixie Dee".
The late Oscar Hueter at GGLS-Redwood Park with his 3/4" scale "INVICTA". That loco could run and pull like the mischief. The coal grate was about the size of a large airmail stamp !
The late Oscar Hueter at GGLS-Redwood Park with his 3/4" scale "INVICTA". That loco could run and pull like the mischief. The coal grate was about the size of a large airmail stamp !
The great "Tom Stambaugh" with a full load at GGLS--Redwood Park..
The great "Tom Stambaugh" with a full load at GGLS--Redwood Park..
keyrouteken

Re: "Memories"

Post by keyrouteken »

Besides running his engines at GGLS and other club tracks, the late Harry Dixon also had a short "high" track at his home in Hayward, CA... The "Dixie Short Line"...

In the attached newspaper clipping, Harry is in the bottom photo entertaining some neighborhood kids behind his 3/4" scale, "Dixie Dee".
The top two photos show visitor, Captain Gary Kubicek, former Korean POW, member of GGLS, and future Charter Member of LALS.

Enjoy.

Ken Shattock
Attachments
Captain Gary Kubicek and Harry Dixon, on the "Dixie Short Line".
Captain Gary Kubicek and Harry Dixon, on the "Dixie Short Line".
John_S

Post by John_S »

Here's a photo of Bob Harpur that I've got on our CSPPRY website. From many moons ago ..

keyrouteken

Post by keyrouteken »

OK Sir-- As long as we're talking "Bob Harpur", how about this shot from long ago ??

The late GGLS member "Bill Bay" driving Harry Dixon's "Dixie Belle" at the GGLS old location in Redwood Regional Park, Oakland, CA. Bill's wife is directly behind him and behind her is "Connie Harpur" (Bob Harpur's wife) ....

Cheers.

Ken Shattock
Attachments
Left to Right:  GGLS member Bill Bay, Mrs. Bay and Bob Harpur's wife "Connie" on Harry Dixon's "Dixie Belle" ...
Left to Right: GGLS member Bill Bay, Mrs. Bay and Bob Harpur's wife "Connie" on Harry Dixon's "Dixie Belle" ...
97470me

Post by 97470me »

Ken,
I recently was browsing here and found just a clipping of a guy in Cle Elum, Washington who was
pictured with a small locomotive he built. I have relatives who came from that area and I'd
like to find the clipping again but I can't find it.

Can you help me?

Gordon French

PS: I dont' have your current email address
keyrouteken

Post by keyrouteken »

Hi Gordon-- I'll check and get back to you. In the meantime,

keyrouteken@msn.com

Ken Shattock
dwilloughby

Post by dwilloughby »

Oscar and his Invicta. It wasn't a spring meet at LALS without him. Somewhere in the archives is a photo of Oscar's Invicta with his daughter and Chet Peterson's Northern with his grandson racing along the north side of the railroad.