newbe prep for zx7045(rf45) to cnc ,need help

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

ccfly

newbe prep for zx7045(rf45) to cnc ,need help

Post by ccfly »

i'm new to all this and reading 1st i wanted sieg sx2 but loooad ppl say its too weak for steel and get zx45
now i look for cnc mod for rf45 and we got a toon of these but some say servo other nema then hybrids
and usual mech3/4 vs linuxcnc ,i personally like external eth mesa option but with hybrid nema motors is kinda expensive
( 7i76e only got one encoder "socket" )
so far i kinda get to these specs c7 with 2505 for all axes double ball nuts
on z nema hybrid set with driver nema 42 2830 oz 6a version
for xy nema32 hybrid set with driver 1200oz 6a
is this ok so far ?

then meanwell psu for drivers plus one for 24 12 5v
sensors "Sensor Switch PNP NC DC 6-36V"
touch plate of ebay
mesa 6i25+ 7i77 for encoders for linuxcnc
normal electrical cabinet with shielded cables
got link for mounts https://github.com/KurtJacobson/RF45-CNC/find/master
he tell these files are just close to it due looad of clones etc

huh how will this look like ?
will it work ?
will buy zx7045 with mt4/mt4 taper
https://karch-maschinen.de/product_info ... cts_id=800 -- this one 1550€ plus 80 delivery
FKreider

Re: newbe prep for zx7045(rf45) to cnc ,need help

Post by FKreider »

I am using closed loop "hybrid" stepper motors on my benchtop CNC mill. They are cost effective and easy to set up.

I am also using the Centroid Acorn control board, it cost $299 vs. the free options like Mach3 and linuxcnc. However you get what you pay for- the support is excellent and the software is the same software that is found on high dollar commercial machines. I highly recommend the Acorn board.

I did a lot of research when starting my project and heard nothing but bad stuff about Mach3- people say it will run a program just fine and next time you hit cycle start the machine will crash even though you did not make any changes. With all of the complaints about glitches I decided to pay a little money and get something that is reliable.

Linuxcnc- I've heard it works fine however I did not want to deal with the whole linux learning curve.
-Frank K.
ccfly

Post by ccfly »

well with these gui options it's easy how i see it
+load of setup's to get hw part done
btw linuxcnc is on pro cnc's..
how u control motor speed without vfd ?
ccfly

Post by ccfly »

i was reading and ppl say optmum mb4 is better buy vs zx45 due support ? but 2300vs 1600 is
free steppers for zx45 huh
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Hmmm. I wonder if you'd get better results if you'd spend enough time to post without all the clever shortcuts you're using. I can't help but think that it it's not important enough for you to expend the effort, it surely isn't important enough for readers to spend any of their valuable time trying to decipher the shortcuts. If nothing else, typing in clear and concise language would eliminate confusion.

Just sayin'.

There is no mandate to do so---but I can tell you in all honesty, I ignore posts like this, refusing to spend my time trying to figure out what you're asking or saying.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
ccfly

Post by ccfly »

shortcuts ?
ok,, ppl that mean people ,and btw is by the way
psu is power supply unit
hw is hardware ,vs is versus,etc is et cetera or the rest
vfd is variable frequency driver i think
huh is me confused :)

so now i am in doubt to go expensive or cheap or in short
optimum mb4 with eu support in parts and so on for 2300€ vs stock zx45/rf45 without support for 1550€
i know that with difference in price i can buy servos with drivers if i choose zx45 (mb4 i same mill just more "polished")

and one that really bugs me / i don't know is which vfd or variable frequency driver for this engine if i need one ?
or just use manual gear based speeds before work ??
thanks for advice :)