DesKAM / CNCPro - comments ?

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

AndrewMawson

DesKAM / CNCPro - comments ?

Post by AndrewMawson »

I've been 'getting round to' changing the electronics of my Denford TRIAC CNC mill for about a year now, but not making much progress.

I've come to the conclusion that the real stumbling block is I had chosen EMC running under Unix and cannot get to grips with unix.

So I'm now looking at the combination of CNCPro driving my (already got) Gecko 210's, running G code output from DesKAM also from Yeager.

I seems much simpler to set up, and runs under DOS, but I would much appreciate any comments that users have of these packages
Andrew Mawson
Battle, East Sussex, UK
AndrewMawson

Re: DesKAM / CNCPro - comments ?

Post by AndrewMawson »

Just to close the loop on this one - I eventually went TurboCNC from DAK engineering - runs under DOS and turns as well as mills - shareware as well - and the source code is available which allowed me to tweak it to interface my spindle VFD.

Going the same route on my lathe conversion - the source code will help greatly in integrating the tool turret changer gizmo.
Andrew Mawson
Battle, East Sussex, UK