brownie points

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

AAREN KS

brownie points

Post by AAREN KS »

I dont intend for this to be a comerical ad, its only that i have had such good luck with this that maybe someone else will too and get some brownie points at work, or home for that matter. I recently had the chance to try a new Sandvic 4" face mill part#RA260.3 100M-10 (AKA, Autocutter) with Insert#TNCN 12 04 AN 6090. This thing is unbeliveable. Im face milling cast iron at 1720 RPM, and 144 inches a minute!! And that is with .100" depth of cut!! It holds 14 ceramic inserts and uses a spring loaded clamp instead of the usuall set screws that allways strip or break when the boss is on my tail. My feeds are up 34% over a 12 insert carbide Valenite, and Im getting about a 3rd more parts per courner, which really means less work for me, haha. The 6090 grade comes in several different shapes and stilles and is practially undestructable, and Im running the cutter on a 35 HP TOYODA FA630 horizontal machining center. It takes a some HP to run at these specs-- 150% spendle load peaks are not uncomon. Just remember it is ceramic so dont run any coolant. Well just thought I whould share, this cutter really knocked my socks off.
csnyder

Re: brownie points

Post by csnyder »

Aaron,just out of curiousity which shop do you work at in SEK? I travel down there quite a bit calling on the machines shops in Coffeyville. Maybe we have met.
AAREN KS

Re: brownie points

Post by AAREN KS »

Thanks for the reply. Iwork for Van Beceleare Machine Works at 504 North Grand St. in Pittsburg. I take it that you are having some parts made buy the shops in Coffeyville If you are needing some work done my bother in law and I do some small stuff on the side and whould love to take a look at anything you have.