G-simple or Cam-Bam

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

heisler0

G-simple or Cam-Bam

Post by heisler0 »

I am trying to use this but not having much luck. On the Lobo website there is a link to Cam-bam is this any easier or am I just missing something here :oops:. I guess I was trying to use the free stuff before I paid for something.
GlennW

Re: G-simple or Cam-Bam

Post by GlennW »

CamBam is free for the first 40 uses, so why not download a copy and test drive it? :)

40 uses means that you can open the application 40 times, so if you don't close it out for a week or two, or a month, it still only counts as one use...as it does not appear to be time limited.

There also seems to be far more user information on the CamBam site and links than there is on the G Simple site.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
heisler0

Post by heisler0 »

Thanks for the Reply Glenn

I did just that and was able to load a part create the g-code and test run the machine. Cant cut the part yet my vise doesn't show til tomorrow. But Cam Bam certainly seems a bit easier to understand and use. While the part is a simple brake hanger i'm happy!!
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

Try the 30 day free trial of "CutViewer Mill" and you could watch the machining simulation of your parts on your computer screen!
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
heisler0

Post by heisler0 »

I am having trouble with the drill controls. If I use profile inside and make the hole with end mill everything is ok if I chose drill it keeps asking for surface dimension and when you create the g-code program does not run right bit is set the lift .125 when your start running g-code in mill bit will lift .250 and will not lower it goes to each hole location but does not lower to drill just stops for a second then moves to next location? Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

Usually the stock surface would be zero.

Sounds like you may have missed the negative value for the "target depth". Without the "-" the drill will go to the "clearance plane" height, and then raise up the programmed Z distance instead of plunging down.

You also need to select "Canned Cycle" for the "Drilling Method".
Glenn

heisler0

Post by heisler0 »

That's exactly what it did. I did not put a negative value in the target depth but I will next time. Thanks Again Glenn!!
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

You're welcome!!

Nice to hear that you're up and running and making parts!
Glenn