Cubify/Geomagic Designs CAD Software

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

H&NERY

Cubify/Geomagic Designs CAD Software

Post by H&NERY »

I was wondering if anyone here was using Cubify/Geomagic Designs software? I see Sherline is offering it at a pretty reasonable price, and It looks fairly easy to use.
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Re: Cubify/Geomagic Designs CAD Software

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

It was formerly called Alibre design and yes, it is pretty good. I am still getting used to Alibre, several of the guys in my club are using it so its nice to have support from others nearby. But its like everything else, you need to stick with it and use it fairly frequently to get good at it. My day job continues to get in the way of my hobbies. :D

Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
FLSTEAM

Post by FLSTEAM »

I use it and like it.

John B.
kvom

Post by kvom »

I just got a copy and made one simple part with it. Then worked through the example tutorial, which clarified a lot in my head about constraints. I may need to go through the older Alibre tutorials on youtube since there aren't a lot for Cubify per se.
awerby

Post by awerby »

There are a bunch of Geomagic Design (formerly Alibre) tutorials on YouTube. For a coherent series of them, go to YouTube and look for "Geomagic Design Training Series" Alibre used to sell these tutorials for $199, but the new management at Geomagic decided it was better to put them out for free, so people would be more effective with their products. The more advanced parts of the Training Series gets into features that aren't supported in the entry-level Cubify Design, but that are in the more advanced (and expensive) Geomagic Design line.

Andrew Werby
www.computersculpture.com