Is there a parts supplier list?

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

JackM

Is there a parts supplier list?

Post by JackM »

Short version:
Is there a parts supplier list thread that could tell me which companies are selling which parts online for CNC conversions?

Long version:
Yesterday I bought a little toy HF 7x8 so I'd have something in the house for days it was too cold to go out to the workshop. I wasn't expecting much from it except maybe the ability to turn some brass or aluminum, but once I tightened all the screws/knobs and taped it down to the dining room table it actually cuts very nicely in steel too. So now I want to CNC it and the only place I'd ever bookmarked for selling a complete kit (CNC Fusion) has discontinued the lathe kit.

I found probotix.com which sells some of the electronics. I'm still looking for a cheap source for ball-screws/nuts or good acme screws/nuts, but sources for any parts would be nice since my budget means I'll be stretching it out to 1 or 2 pieces a month so I'll have some time to compare companies/products. I'm not an ebayer, so unless a seller has his own shop too, please don't point me there.
I do have a good mill/lathe so I can fabricate my own mounting hardware, but I don't really have the skills for turning the threaded parts to high tolerances.

thanks.
hammermill

Re: Is there a parts supplier list?

Post by hammermill »

given your requirements a run thru the ebay venders may be in order. this will get you a idea of priceing and systems and see if any interesting venders have separate stores, many do, look thru make magazine lots of venders advertise there also
Bill Shields

Re: Is there a parts supplier list?

Post by Bill Shields »

the concept of cheap and ball screws is an oxy-moron.

hiwin ball screws is a source -> but they might not have a size you need for the smaller machine.

small diameter ball screws are actually quite annoying to make - I f you look at what is inside of the 'nut' you will understand why 25mm is somewhat of a standard diameter, but there are some made as small as 8-10 mm IIRC.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.