Fanuc OT Parameters

This forum is dedicated to those Hobbyists Interested in CNC machining & 3D Printing in their home shops. (Digital Read Outs are also topical, as is CAD/CAM as it relates to CNC)

Moderator: Harold_V

jessebanning

Fanuc OT Parameters

Post by jessebanning »

Hi all. I am new to this forum but not to Chaski. I am typically in the Live steam forum. The issue I have is the Fanuc OT keeps throwing an error code for the Z axis. It says overload when none exists. Someone I think, erased the parameters on accident. How do I retrieve them or where can I get a list of parameters from? Thank you for your time and help in this matter
www.banninglocomotiveworks.com

www.littleengines.com
Harold_V

Re: Fanuc OT Parameters

Post by Harold_V »

With a little luck, Bill Shields may respond to this one. He's very good with CNC code. It might not hurt to contact him via the PM feature of the board if you don't hear from him.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
jessebanning

Post by jessebanning »

Thanks Harold, will do.
www.banninglocomotiveworks.com

www.littleengines.com
Rick

Post by Rick »

jesse

What brand machine is the control on? Parameters can be machine/manufacture specific or used in a custom way.
If the machine manufacturer is still around contact them as they may have records of the parameters. We had to do this when an employee decided to change the backup batteries on an older Miyano Lathe with he power off, all parameters disappeared but Miyano had a copy of what the parameters the lathe shipped with and once we re-entered them some things started working that hadn't before :D
Rick

“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Unknown
Murphy's Law: " If it can go wrong it will"
O-Tool's Corollary: "Murphy was entirely too optimistic"
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

think Jesse fixed the problem...board and wiring problems, not parameters.

the lesson here, if some of you don't know it, is to ALWAYS HAVE A SET OF THE ORIGINAL PARAMETERS squirreled away so that you can compare things if you think the parameters are corrupt...of if you start playing with them to 'improve' things.

Scrambling around looking for / wishing you had them at the last minute when you need to run the machine is a disaster waiting to happen, especially considering that many of us have old (out of production) machines from companies that may no longer be in existence.

This especially goes for machines from TW, which even when NEW can be impossible to get parameter sets for.

All Fanuc controls (and MITS and Siemens) have a routine what will do a parameter dump to a file. Not sure about the PC based controls, but I would be VERY SURPRISED if they didn't.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.