Here is another thought

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

Rich_Carlstedt

Here is another thought

Post by Rich_Carlstedt »

marty
Is it possible to either darken the background or do something to show if you have already read a post ?
I know currently that a check is in front of unread messages on current Chaski, but what will this have?
if anything to deter us from rereading a post.

I'm back from trip Happy New Year!
Harold_V

Re: Here is another thought

Post by Harold_V »

Hi Rich,

If I'm not mistaken, there's a little gizzy on the left hand side of a message that changes colors from orange to yellow once you've read the message. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/smile.gif"%20alt="[/img]

I'm going to post this then go back to see if I'm right. I have been known to miss a few things in my day! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif"%20alt="[/img]

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Harold you are right, orange means new, yellow means read. I'm checking that out myself now.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Anonymous,

I get the idea that Rich is the anonymous poster in this case. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/smile.gif"%20alt="[/img] If so, here's a little tip that works for me. Once you log in properly, don't log out when you leave the board. I never do, and I'm automatically logged in when I go back. All I do is close the program with the little X at the top right of my screen.

I assume how it works is to do with cookies, don't know for sure because I'm not all that bright where computers are concerned.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Happy New Year to you too Rich! I don't know if I anwered your question, but on the main menu there are red numbers indicating how many new messages there are. Further, the icon in front of the message is orange if unread, goes yellow for read the next time you log on.

Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"