Grizzly 9729 T slot size?

This forum is dedicated to those hobbyists with the 3-in-1 metalworking machines. Mill-Drill-Lathes. Tips, techniques, modification and use of these machines is topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

akraven

Grizzly 9729 T slot size?

Post by akraven »

I guess the title says it all. :)
Thank you.
akraven
akraven

Post by akraven »

OK 47 people have looked at this thread and no replies. I have used the search button and looked on their site. So now by luck a great deal on the harbor freight version has landed in my lap. So does anybody have idea what the slot size is on that one? Thank you. akraven
mechanicalmagic

Post by mechanicalmagic »

Doesn't sound like many folks have this machine. Most times people fall all over themselves to offer info.

As far as the Griz, their tech support is great (IMHO). Just give them a call. Calling Horror Freight is a waste of time.

Dave
Every day I ask myself, "What's the most fun thing to do today."
9x48 BP clone, 12x36 lathe, TIG, MIG, Gas, 3 in 1 sheetmetal.
akraven

Post by akraven »

Thanks Dave. I was begining to think I had the plague or something. akraven
Camfx

Post by Camfx »

I have the HF44142 and the T slots are listed as 12mm. This is the clamp set that fits http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=90752
akraven

Post by akraven »

Thank you very much Camfx. I appreciate it! akraven
geraldvowles

It's Likely the Table, Not the Nuts

Post by geraldvowles »

I have a BusyBee B2229 equivalent to one of these and it's a real PITA because the slots are an off-size and worse, when I did find some quality, N.A. made tee-nuts, I discovered that the distance between the table surface and the wide part of the slot is undersized so the non-threaded part of the tee shank sits slightly above the table surface when snugged up. Hope your grinding skills are better than mine :-)

P.S. BusyBee can't see their way clear to invest in a few bucks worth of these uncommon tee-nuts to support the machines they sell. Nor are they even willing to suggest where to get them.
A Legend in His Own Mind
HiramAbiff

I own the Griz 9729 & looking for users

Post by HiramAbiff »

Hi.

I own the Griz 9729 and would like to correspond with anybody who owns this machine (or one of the many like it). I may be able to offer some insight as well as ask for some, depending on the situation.

Thanks,
Hiram
Jose Rivera

Post by Jose Rivera »

You will have a much faster response posting machining and tooling question and the General Discussion section Hiram.

Strictly 3 in 1 questions, yeah here.
But even in the Gen. Disc. posting get attention right away.

Sorry for feeling alone :oops:
There are no problems, only solutions.
--------------
Retired journeyman machinist and 3D CAD mechanical designer - hobbyist - grandpa