Volume of Posts

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

Harold

Volume of Posts

Post by Harold »

Marty: First, let me say that I know how much work this site is for you and how well it is organized. I was a contributor / reader of the old forum also. It seems dead compaired to the old bulliten board. I liked when Forrest contributed to the board and not just moderated. I think general disscussion and mahinne tools should be one in the same. Too many topics, not enough posts. Please don't take this the wrong way, I only mean to present my observations. Thanks [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/ooo.gif"%20alt="[/img]
Measure it with a mic, mark it with chalk, cut it with an axe!
Preston

Re: Volume of Posts

Post by Preston »

I somwhat agree but have found that if you use the message review from the last 24 hours it comes out about the same as the old forum. Forest has replyed to several of the posts including one of mine reguarding scraping. They do seem hard to find when your looking for a reply to a post you have started. Spell checker would be nice for us rednecks. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/smirk.gif"%20alt="[/img] [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/wink.gif"%20alt="[/img]
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Hello Harold. I don't take anything the wrong way. :-)
I think we should constantly be open to ideas and suggestions from the users.
I am open to suggestions. Thoughts from anyone else?

If there was one thing I didn't like about the old forum, was the inability to track old threads. This new software does do that. The old software was a conglomeration of messages. A mish/mash if you will. I had some similar complaints from other users.

Marty
Marty: First, let me say that I know how much work this site is for you and how well it is organized. I was a contributor / reader of the old forum also. It seems dead compaired to the old bulliten board. I liked when Forrest contributed to the board and not just moderated. I think general disscussion and mahinne tools should be one in the same. Too many topics, not enough posts. Please don't take this the wrong way, I only mean to present my observations. Thanks [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/ooo.gif"%20alt="[/img]
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

I have created a poll. I will let it run for a month. Let's see what the user's think. I thought further and looked at our current list of forums. I thought which were the best to combine into one forum and which are best to leave as they are.
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
Hanz

Re: Volume of Posts down

Post by Hanz »

I agree, that there is not really a reason to combine Forums, as I use the 'messages from last 24 hours.'

As far as the low volume of posts, I can tell you that I frequent about 6 message boards daily, and overall traffic is down heavily, compared to say before the first of the year. Even the D. Thomas's board is quite slow, with about half the posts being OT. That is not meant to be a put down, I enjoy OT as much as anyone.

So why is the board slow? It seems that not maybe not much home machining is going on right now. Maybe it's the time of year, other projects (home, yard,etc) taking priority. I personally haven't had anything real exciting to post in quite a while, although I lurk here several times a day. I am extremely busy, but just no real exciting projects to post and no problems requiring assistance.

I get jealous when I see how active the Live Steam forum and it's users are. I suppose that they stay so busy with their huge projects, therefore the board stays busy with it. Hanz
[url=http://www.hanzenginehouse.com]www.hanzenginehouse.com[/url]