A user named Bill Clemens posted this in ...

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

GeorgeGaskill

A user named Bill Clemens posted this in ...

Post by GeorgeGaskill »

the Internal Combustion forum:

I'm trying to learn how to use this forum. I'm getting worn out retyping what I want to post. I get:

The username you are trying to post under has already registered and is being used by someone else.

I believe it is ME!! What am I doing wrong? I have registered and logged in but cannot use the logged in name. I must post as "unregistered".

Bill C.
PeteM

Re: A user named Bill Clemens posted this in ...

Post by PeteM »

You might try logging out and then signing in again? Good luck!
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Most of the time there is a problem with cookies on his PC.
Ask him to do this:
LOGOUT

Delete the cookies and clear the cache file in his web browser.
LOGIN with his USERNAME and PASSWORD.
Rember to check the REMEMBER ME box before clicking continue.

Usually this clears things up. Is he confident his password is correct?
If he successfully logged in, then at the top of the page LOGOUT will be displayed.

It is almost always a COOKIE problem in the user's web browser.
Marty

the Internal Combustion forum:

I'm trying to learn how to use this forum. I'm getting worn out retyping what I want to post. I get:

The username you are trying to post under has already registered and is being used by someone else.

I believe it is ME!! What am I doing wrong? I have registered and logged in but cannot use the logged in name. I must post as "unregistered".

Bill C.
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
Bill Clemens

Post by Bill Clemens »

Deleted cookies, temp. internet files, and history; still the same. I log in and as soon as I go to the main index or anyplace other than where loging in takes me. I need to log in again - then the same. The log in appears to be accepted because "logout" is visible on the heading bar after logging in but disappears when I move to the site of interest - no longer logged in.... As I said: I have deleted all cookies, etc, etc. time and again.

Frustrating! I cannot join, I must remain "unregistered"!

Bill Clemens
Doug_C

Post by Doug_C »

What Operating system and browser are you using?

Are you certain you are setup to accept cookies?

I do not know what other settings are involved with this problem. I know one dumps the history folder upon exiting. Definitely sounds like a configuration issue with your machine considering it is not common to the masses here at least.

Any other sites using the infopop software that you experience trouble with?

DC
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Bill please email me at escarcega@cox.net
your username
the email address that you registered with so I can try and sort it out.
Marty
Deleted cookies, temp. internet files, and history; still the same. I log in and as soon as I go to the main index or anyplace other than where loging in takes me. I need to log in again - then the same. The log in appears to be accepted because "logout" is visible on the heading bar after logging in but disappears when I move to the site of interest - no longer logged in.... As I said: I have deleted all cookies, etc, etc. time and again.

Frustrating! I cannot join, I must remain "unregistered"!

Bill Clemens
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"