where to buy brass or bronze in bulk

Home enthusiasts discuss their Foundry & Casting work.

Moderator: Harold_V

todd goff

where to buy brass or bronze in bulk

Post by todd goff »

I am looking into a job right now that would involve the use of brass in making the castings. Haven't heard back from the guy yet that is trying to get me the job, but I do know that it may be a fairly large job. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on where I might be able to buy brass in the range of 500 to 1000 # for a fairly reasonable price. I still need to find out the nature of this job to determine if I need to use red or yellow brass. I haven't got all of the details but will let everyone know when I do; any ideas out there for where I can get this stuff fairly reasonable then please let me know and thanks. I have a line right now on scrap aluminum rims for scrap price so at least I have solved the aluminum problem; now I need to solve the brass and bronze problem and I will be set. Man I wish I was a scrap dealer sometimes; they get all the deals.
Fender

Post by Fender »

You might want to check with a place that refills fire extinguishers. They replace the brass valves on many of the tanks that come in, and if they don't scrap them quickly may have a good supply. Just don't expect to get them for free!
Dan Watson
Chattanooga, TN
Jtrain

Post by Jtrain »

look for commercial plumbers. they do large industial jobs, and maybe they can help you out.
gwrdriver

Post by gwrdriver »

Just Google bronze or brass "ingots" and there are dozens of sources.
GWRdriver
Nashville TN