Marking Forums Read

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

dkaustin

Marking Forums Read

Post by dkaustin »

In the previous version of the site software, every time I visited the site and exited all the forums were automatically marked "read".

With the new site software, I have gotten in the habit of clicking the "Mark Forums Read" button as I'm leaving. I have checked the configuration page to see if I can make this action automatic, but haven't found what I'm looking for. Is there a way to "Mark Forums Read" automatically?

I know this is not a major problem, and it's not going to make me storm off in a huff. I just wanted to ask the question.

Thanks to all the moderators for the good, often thankless, job they do!
SteveM

Re: Marking Forums Read

Post by SteveM »

What I do is right click on "View unread posts" and select "open in new tab", Once the tab is open, I click on "Mark forums read" in the first tab. Then I go to the next tab and read the unread posts.

Not as simple as having it done automatically, but it does the job.

Only problem is that if you haven't been in a while, you might want to see if there are multiple pages of unread, because once you mark read, you can't go to page 2.

Steve