Mike's Hobby Shop

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

mjcaulk

Mike's Hobby Shop

Post by mjcaulk »

Here is the shop that I spend rainy days in up here in Oregon.
Attachments
Shop Pics.jpg
Mike Walsh

Post by Mike Walsh »

pretty nice setup. I love the Haas machines. I've operated a few, and they are wicked! Try playing with a B axis equipped Haas operating at 100% rapid mode......
ZipSnipe

Re: Mike's Hobby Shop

Post by ZipSnipe »

great looking shop, a lil too clean !!!
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

ZipSnipe wrote:great looking shop, a lil too clean !!!
Indeed! Looks like it's never made a chip.

Very nice, mjcaulk!

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
calgator

Post by calgator »

very nice shop, I've been working on cleaning up mine as well. My wife does not like any of the chips getting into the house so I need to keep things clean.

Charles F.
The best times were behind one of Al's engines
mjcaulk

Post by mjcaulk »

It's a little more messy now. Those pics are when I rigged the equipment in about 4 years ago. Thanks for the feedback
Mid Day Machining

Post by Mid Day Machining »

I'm jealous.

I had a TM1 when I had my shop. It was a great machine. It wasn't as fast as a lot of other machines, but for the type of work I did it worked great. I didn't do production work on it. I did prototype.

If I was doing just 3 axis milling, I would put the vise on 6 inch risers to remove 12 inches of rapid. At 200 IPM that amounts to a lot of time saved in a week.

I would take a production job that was 25 pieces ot less, but if it was 26 pieces, I would turn it down.

I did however tale one job that was 630 pieces. The parts were 718 Inconel and I made great money on it. I got $30.00 per part and I ran them in about 7 minutes each, and I ran 10 pieces at a time.

I bought it with a 5C 4th axis, too changer, floppy disc, rigid tap, table gaurd and side extentions.

If I had a place for it, I would buy another one in a heart beat.
You can buy good parts, or you can buy cheap parts, but you can't buy good cheap parts.
jeterfan

Post by jeterfan »

It looks good to me! I wish I had as much room to work.

Brian