A few tools

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

GlennW

A few tools

Post by GlennW »

I needed to come up with some sort of stud installation tools, and finally got around to it today.

They are used to install lots of threaded studs to protrude the exact same length from the surface of the part. The knurling allows finger installation until a wrench is needed.

304 Stainless

I made then so the stud length is governed by the body length of the tool. These are for 3/8, 5/16, and 1/4" studs. The 1/4" has three bodies so far for specific lengths. We install LOTS of studs and it was too time consuming using a collet type stud tool to try to get studs of the same length installed to the EXACT same height....until now! We have a +-.010" installed height tolerance, and can now set them within a few thousandths. Just insert the stud into the tool and screw it into the part until the lower face of the tool contacts the part, and remove the tool.

Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
737mechanic

Re: A few tools

Post by 737mechanic »

As usuall Glenn, very nice work.
EdK

Re: A few tools

Post by EdK »

Excuse my language but damn Glenn you do nice work :!: :!: :!:

Ed
Vectrax 14x40 lathe, Enco RF-45 clone mill, MillerMatic 180 MIG.