My new shop

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

Scott

My new shop

Post by Scott »

Been a while since I had my own place, but found a pretty decent shop to go along with my dingbat house. :mrgreen: It's not that big, but finished pretty nice inside. 25'X31' inside measurements. No mill or lathe yet, because I had to sell them before my last major move. Down the road on those two things. Just need to get this thing up here now. #4000.00 lbs. takes a bit of work. Moved it about 3 times so far. Sold my 2000 lbs. unit, to the guy that bought my mill/lathe. Anyway, my friend sent me some cool old casters to setup under the metal muncher. It will keep the shop open to get my dually truck inside if needed. It won't fit all the way in the house garage. Besides my little tractor lives there. :lol: I almost got my Plasma table setup, but will take a few days to finish it. It's also been 3 years since I had it running. Lived in my motor home,and then a camper for a few years, waiting for a decent deal on a house. Lot's out there, but many issues to try to get one.This house pretty much had a turn key shop, so I am glad I was able to snag this one. I will probably be selling one of my welders to get a Mill or Lathe. Just ended up with one too many mig machines. They sure work good, so it's going to be a tough call on which one goes.
muncher pic.jpg
PICT0005.JPG
Attachments
shop.jpg
PICT0006.JPG
PICT0007.JPG
PICT0009.JPG
Harold_V

Re: My new shop

Post by Harold_V »

Hey, Scott!

That's a nice looking piece of gear, and the shop looks really nice.. Very organized and clean!

Glad to see you on the board. Hope this new place works out for you. What a great time to buy a house, what with falling prices and a glut on the market.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Thanks Harold,
I tried to get one in town (Prineville), but it went nowhere after 8 months, I ended up with a better house/shop and land/view for the same money. I was really getting burned out dealing with bankers. This is part of my view out my windows, with even more of the cascades depending on where you aim. Nice to be out of the city anyway. (any city) :mrgreen: Not a real good picture, because it was way clearer in person.
backyard.jpg
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Beautiful view, Scott.

Like you, I'm happy to be away from big cities. It drives me nuts to drive to Chehalis/Centralia, with a combined population of only about 25,000.

It's interesting---having come from a large city, I've grown to the point where I cherish my solitude. The only thing that is troubling is the lack of available services, so one must plan well in advance.

Congratulations on the new place. Looks like you really picked well.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
ken572

Post by ken572 »

Scott,

What a great view, property, and shop. That is one beast of a
iron worker. :wink:

Ken. :)
One must remember.
The best learning experiences come
from working with the older Masters.
Ken.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Ken,
it's only a 65 ton, but better features then their 75 ton. It was built on the 100 ton frame. 24 inch shear was the feature I wanted the most. The 75 ton has a only 14 " shear. Also the 5th station is the other one. I use the 10" brake for a lot of bending. Pic is of the punch station, but you get the idea.
tractor frame 6.JPG
tractor ft bracket.jpg
JackF

Post by JackF »

Scott,

Beautiful shop and equipment. Is that plasma table CNC? Is that a commercial shop or just a home work shop? I too love your view; even though we have deer come through the back yard and I shot my bear 6/7 miles from the house I wish I could talk the wife into the real country.

Jack.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Jack,
just a home shop. Yes, just a hobby CNC plasma table, but It works pretty good with some of my upgrades. I just got it put together tonight, after three years of storage. Three home switches to hook up, and it will be working. I need to pull bigger wires into the shop, to use at full output. It will do fine with a true 100 amp service. It's that now, but they undersized the wires, and put in a sixty amp breaker in the 200 amp main panel in the house. That is really all the upgrades I need in this place.

I have a friend that lives up by you, right at Alpental. She has had all sorts of bears up there the last few years.
JackF

Post by JackF »

Scott,

We are 10 min. either direction from the shopping centers but Issaquah is at the start of the Cascade foothills. A sow and her two cubs have been wandering Issaquah creek for salmon just one block from downtown. Our son and his girlfriend were sitting in their apartment the other evening when the hair on both cats went straight up. His girlfriend turned on the back light to see a bear walking around the back yard. :shock:

Jack.
Steve_in_Mich

Post by Steve_in_Mich »

Nice new shop Scott, great space.

Red film over what appears to be a window - what's the story on that? Special light or flash shields? TIA. Steve
Just because you don’t believe it - doesn’t mean it’s not so.
Scott

Post by Scott »

It keeps people from seeing inside. At least in daytime. It was some old welding screens I had, and I thought it would work well. It does let light in and blocks viewing from the outside. I also get some great sunsets with it. Safe to look at too. :mrgreen: Too bad I deleted every picture on my hard drive today. :evil:
Steve_in_Mich

Post by Steve_in_Mich »

Scott wrote: Too bad I deleted every picture on my hard drive today. :evil:
No No! Have you tried a system restore to a day or two before they were deleted? My computer skills are pretty limited so I'm not sure that would fix (get your pictures back) the problem but in my little world that is the first thing that comes to mind.
Just because you don’t believe it - doesn’t mean it’s not so.