5C chuck mounting plate.

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

GlennW

5C chuck mounting plate.

Post by GlennW »

I decided to make a base for 5C chucks so they could be secured to a table for holding smaller parts. (and felt the need for a Saturday afternoon project)

Chucked up a piece of 5/8 cold rolled flat, face milled it, bored and counterbored some holes, then profiled some hold down ears.

Then flipped it over and bolted it to the table using a piece of 1/2" aluminum plate to space it up a bit.

Profiled it and chamfered the edges.

Bolted a 5C chuck to it using socket head cap screws.

The bore in the center of the plate will accept a dead stop for work locating. This chuck is very simple as it has basically no internal moving parts, other than a heavy spring to release the collet, to get loaded up with swarf and coolant so it seems to be a decent choice. I have another key type 5C chuck and small scroll chucks that will bolt to the plate as well if needed.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
oldvan

Re: 5C chuck mounting plate.

Post by oldvan »

Beauty! :D
GlennW

Re: 5C chuck mounting plate.

Post by GlennW »

I actually got to use it today making a few knobs!

Soft jaws in the vise would work too, but this worked just fine.
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!