Show us your lathe!

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

sk1nner

Re: Show us your lathe!

Post by sk1nner »

imperial is American (inches) metric is everyone else (mm)
Mini bike

Post by Mini bike »

Here is what I have right now. A new Micro Lux 7x16 (2 weeks old) and a Unimat SL (just OLD) !!

spro

Post by spro »

Welcome. neat pics. You'll have no problem losing that old unimat.
sk1nner

Post by sk1nner »

now that i know what i have i can post it on here for you all

12x36 Frejoth
Attachments
IMAG0001.jpg
Littleleroy

Post by Littleleroy »

Here's my sweet little fraulein. This is the final version of the EMCO Maier Maximat 11s.

Found her in Erie, Pa.
Attachments
023.JPG
024.JPG
TGriffin

Post by TGriffin »

An OUTSTANDING collection of lathes!

Mine is a Hardinge HLV-H that I acquired in 1984. With the exception of a few cosmetic issues from spending a year in storage, it is in pretty much as new condition. It has a taper attachment, an Aloris tool post, a dial indicator carriage stop, a full set of 5C collets and closer and a six jaw Buck chuck. It is an incredibly rigid machine and is capable of making very precise parts with excellent surface finishes. Threading is also a joy with its retractable tool slide and lead screw reversing lever. I normally use it about a day a week either paying the bills or building projects of my own. It's a very enjoyable machine to operate.

Mini bike

Post by Mini bike »

spro wrote:Welcome. neat pics. You'll have no problem losing that old unimat.
It sold in a few hours at the Cabin Fever Expo this past weekend. My 1st time to the event. Very cool !! I will go again next yr.
truckin23

Post by truckin23 »

Hi Newbie here Haven't run a lathe in 40 years since the Navy .I just picked this up last week from a guy who brought it up from Southern California belonged to his father in laws dad who use to make parts for SoCal hot rodders got it for $400.00 with a lot of tooling plan on tearing it apart and restoring it I just now ordered a manual on cd from Tony in the UK
nipperdog

Post by nipperdog »

This is how my 11" Logan looked when I brought it home. It had about 50yrs of machine shop grunge on it.
The machine seems to be in good mechanical condition so all I did was repaint it and clean the cabinet.
Paint is a blend of gray and black Rustoleum.
woodcutter

Post by woodcutter »

Here's my addition to the thread. Got it from a local gunsmith. It had a few issues that I found after I started trying to use it. First was the Reeves variable speed drive not working very well (hardly at all). Will post a separate thread on dealing with that. The obligatory before and after shots.
Ike

Post by Ike »

That's a nice looking bench model Rockwell Woodcutter.
you did a great job! :D
OldSkull

Post by OldSkull »

Hi! This is my first personnal lathe I ever own. I buy this 12" swing lathe from Transport Canada air investigation section in Ontario Canada in Mai 2011 for $875 + taxes (a bit under $1000) No tools included except a Jacob and all those expensive gears you see in the picture .She's in pretty good shape,the lathe have never been repaint I replace the original GE 1HP motor (5K182AG209/550V/3 phases/182 frame) with a Teco 1.5HP (PDH1-504TE2N/230V/3 phases/145Tframe) and buy a Teco FM50 to control it. I expect to complete all the modification I have in mind before next summer, in the mid time I have to complete my 21 cfm compressor project, my welding table project and I put on ice my hunting for Lagun FTV-1 milling.....

Cheers

Metric gears set