Registration Bug

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Registration Bug

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Looks like there might be a little registration bug. When you registered initially, you were given the opportunity to choose your password. The software is configured to allow this, yet it still emailed you a password, which required you to log in using that password and then going to MY HOME and changing it to something you know or like. Please confirm this was the case? As we are reporting it to Info Pop. I want to keep the registration process very simple if possible. It is something not currently done on the old site, but will allow some control over misuse.
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
gglines

Re: Registration Bug

Post by gglines »

In my case, I chose NOT to enter a password on the initial registration but found I couldn't post under my user name. Once I logged back in with the emailed password I could.

Changing the password took multiple attempts because I couldn't clear out the astericks in the 2nd password fields.

All appears to be working well now.
Rich_Carlstedt

Post by Rich_Carlstedt »

Marty
I registered with a password.
The same password came back to me by email, then I logged on using it, so I did not have to chage.
Does this mean anyone "using the forumn"(Posting only) is required to register , or is this for beta only ?
Jim_King

Post by Jim_King »

I had trouble registering also.But it finally took.Dont know if it was me or not.All seems to work OK now.I like it. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/smile.gif"%20alt="[/img]
JeffinWI

Post by JeffinWI »

Marty, I had the same situation as Rich. Registered with a password, and that same password came back in the e-mail
oheider

Post by oheider »

Marty,
Registration worked well, only problem was not knowing what some of the features really do. I thought just do it and fix with editing later.
Otto