not sure about the format

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

dkmc

not sure about the format

Post by dkmc »

The thing MOST different about this format is TOO many
pre-sorted catagories. Old forum was all lumped together
and the reader sorted to his interest. Skip anything you're
not interested in, but it's all there handy with scrolling
as needed. Perhaps this will catch on, but maybe the "feel"
of the old format is what made it unique.

dkmc
Rob_Black

Re: not sure about the format

Post by Rob_Black »

I agree from what I've seen so far. And as mentioned in another post in another category, I fear the stratification of the topics will kill our sense of community. I admit, if I hadn't seen the old board then this one would appear slick, although still too divided topically. I hate to complain Marty, as I know a lot of work has gone into this. But I'm afaid the feeling I believe we had of a bunch of guys(girls too, sorry carla) sitting around and talking just went down the sewer pipe. Old form was much easier to manage and scroll through for me personally.

Rob
[b] Some days are diamonds....[/b]
George Gaskill

Agree--too many predefined subjects.

Post by George Gaskill »

Anonymous

This is not a bitch, but..exactly

Post by Anonymous »

My point being......
Before, we were ONE group throwing out topics,problems and
SOLUTIONS/INFO. Now, we're several (dozen??) small groups
all "talking amongst ourselves". Waaay different feel here.
Not like a garage BS session.....like before....Sorry...

dkmc
Andy Olney

Re: This is not a bitch, but..exactly

Post by Andy Olney »

That was my initial thought also, but when I took the option to look at all posts in the last 48 hours, I could see all the post regardless of forums. This seems pretty similar to the old board and I will probalbly read that way. Andy
Bryan

Re: not sure about the format

Post by Bryan »

My last post to the old format board was that my wife had commented how much she liked it, and wished her boards where that way, for the very reason you mention...

This format is good for grouping discussions, but as I've seen in so many other similar format boards, people just don't use the catagories as they should... you can bet your bottom dollar that most will be lumped in "General" regardless of the subject... to keep the information contained here organized, the administrators may have to spend a lot of time "moving" threads to the correct places (if that can be done with this software?)...
[b]Bryan[/b]
[i]"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."[/i] Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519)