Not Getting Email Notices

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

rexcsmith

Not Getting Email Notices

Post by rexcsmith »

At first, I was getting email notices for replies to my postings. Now I'm not, even though I check the box each time. Can someone let me know what may be going wrong? thanks
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Re: Not Getting Email Notices

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

rexcsmith wrote:At first, I was getting email notices for replies to my postings. Now I'm not, even though I check the box each time. Can someone let me know what may be going wrong? thanks
Have you changel your email address recently and forgotten to change it here in your user profile?
By chance might any replies from the Chaski Home Machinist be going into your junk folder?

Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
dorin

Post by dorin »

Are you sure your are logged in when you stop by to check updates from time to time?
-Mike
www.chaski.com
dorin

Post by dorin »

Are we somehow ending up in your spam folder?
-Mike
www.chaski.com
rexcsmith

Post by rexcsmith »

You called it Mike. I'm always getting bit by that (*&% spam folder. I use Hotmail, but don't access it on the web page, where the spam folder is. All of the spam is caught there and so doesn't make it to the Mac mail tool where I look at my mail. I have to go back to outlook.com to look at my spam, and always forget. Pretty sorry for a retired Silicon Valley geek. Probably more than you wanted to know. thanks much!

rex
redneckalbertan

Post by redneckalbertan »

I know nothing about Mac mail, but with Outlook express and Microsoft Outlook I can set them to include the junk mail in synchronizing accounts. Is that something you can do with Mac mail?