Marty - a suggestion/feedback

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

AAA

Marty - a suggestion/feedback

Post by AAA »

The default setting for message threading is "Default View - Expanded threads"
Set like this it makes it really hard to read the messages. Changing this Default view to "Collapsed" makes it much easier to use and is normally the default preference for this format of message board.
I can guess why you've changed to this style of message board, but I think that a lot of the not so computer savy folks are going to find this format very hard to use.
I'd like to think that after running my own message board for 7 odd years that I can find my own ass with two hands - and must admit that I had to read through the FAQ to figure a few things out!
The advantage with the WebBBS software is that it's damn easy to use (from a user as apposed to Admin point). At www.Subguns.Com we also looked at this style of message board but it was tuned down by the users. We are currently running 12 boards using a modified version of WebBBS Admin 4.32.
This has improved admin features over the WebBBS standard software and makes Mod'ing a lot easier.
Still can't figure out how you get time to do it all. We have 13 mods which makes it easier, but it still takes up a large amount of my time.
If you need any help, I'd be more than happy to help out.

good luck.

Mike
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Re: Marty - a suggestion/feedback

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

I changed it to default to collapsed. REMEMBER you can change your PERSONAL preferences by go to MY HOME at the top of the page and Edit your Display Preferences. In otherwords you can change the site to suit YOUR taste! Even the colors can be changed by choosing different style sheets. Try it out!

Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"