Fusion360 and my construction blog of the GE44 locomotive

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

WJH

Fusion360 and my construction blog of the GE44 locomotive

Post by WJH »

Hi guys, I just discovered a really neat feature of Fusion360. I've switched over to it, and currently redoing my cad files for it. The really neat feature is that I can share a public link of my project, that will always show the latest version. It allows you expand the project and see an exploded parts view, and everything else about it.

I've updated the blog to include the link. I also threw up some pictures of the trucks partially welded together
http://www.ge44.org
If you don't want to visit the link, or trust it, here's the picture of the truck I welded up.
AusDan

Re: Fusion360 and my construction blog of the GE44 locomotiv

Post by AusDan »

That is great work, Ive just started playing around with the fusion360 package at very basic level...
Also started playing around with building a GE44 tonner as well, on the back burner, but have been interested in you progress.
WJH

Post by WJH »

You know, the best way to learn a 3d cad program like Fusion360 or Solidworks, is to take a set of plans, and build it in the cad program.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

put stuff up on the internet, have someone like your design and start building / selling it.

totally agree on 'good way to learn....'
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
kvom

Post by kvom »

WJH wrote:You know, the best way to learn a 3d cad program like Fusion360 or Solidworks, is to take a set of plans, and build it in the cad program.
Another benefit is finding errors in the plans when the software shows parts that don't assemble properly.