Where's the messages?

This forum is for Internal Combustion Engines such as Hit 'n Miss, Throttle Goverened One Lungers etc. Repair, Machining, Operation, Buy/Sell/Trade of these engines are all topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

Irontrader

Where's the messages?

Post by Irontrader »

I only occasionally check the Chaski message boards and just saw this forum for antique stationary engines. It was flagged as being, new but didn't see anything saying how new it was. So it this the first posting to this forum?
Harold_V

Re: Where's the messages?

Post by Harold_V »

I only occasionally check the Chaski message boards and just saw this forum for antique stationary engines. It was flagged as being, new but didn't see anything saying how new it was. So it this the first posting to this forum?

It appears you are the first to post. This could become one of the more frequented forums with a little luck. I know from personal experience there's considerable interest in the old engines.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Indeed, as you eluded, its brand new this morning and you are the first to post. Craig Prucha is a restorer of these old engines and I am fond of them. I live in Mesa, AZ near Phoenix and these rarely become available for an affordable price.
I'd love to have one to restore. Below is a picture of me at the Old Vulture Goldmine near Wickenburg AZ, its currently in a dilapidated state but there is a curator watching over the place. There are several old and LARGE Hit 'n Miss Engines. The one am posing with is a 1-1/2HP Hercules as identified by Craig.
The little guy still turns and has compression!

If anyone ever finds one these old spoked flywheel one lungers at a song. Let me know! Image

"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
Beevo

Post by Beevo »

Jeez, Marty!!

You set your sights so low.....

8<)
Beevo (aka Bill VanOrden)
Tempe, AZ USA
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

If anyone ever finds one these old spoked flywheel one lungers at a song. Let me know! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif"%20alt="[/img]

You're a bit late. I left behind when I moved from Utah a 3 horse Novo (vertical) with an integral pump, and a 2-3/4 horse Economy. I bought them, along with another small late model h&m engine I can't recall now (John Deere comes to mind), plus a small water ram for $400. Found them in Montana sitting in a front yard as "decorations". The Novo was rusted up, but the guy that ended up with it got it running without tearing it down. I was somewhat surprised, figured it would need much more attention. Don't know what became of the Economy.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

If anyone ever finds one these old spoked flywheel one lungers at a song. Let me know! [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif"%20alt="[/img]

You're a bit late. I left behind when I moved from Utah a 3 horse Novo (vertical) with an integral pump, and a 2-3/4 horse Economy. I bought them, along with another small late model h&m engine I can't recall now (John Deere comes to mind), plus a small water ram for $400.

Harold

Ah, I'm sure one will fall in my lap some day Harold!
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
jim forsyth

Post by jim forsyth »

Here in the Midwest the steam shows typically have bigger displays of Hit $ Miss engines than they do of steam tractors. You find a lot of engines for sale at swap meets and flea markets. The prices have gone up dramatically in the last five years.
butchlambert1

Post by butchlambert1 »

Marty, a fellow in the DFW area is closing his machine shop and is selling his machines and tooling. I was fortunate enough to buy 7 Albrects chucks for $280 from him. He has several Fairbanks Morse engines, Maytags, and others. The only machines he has left are 2 or 3 Index mills, a Brown&Sharpe surface grinder with 2 axis power feed, and a Ex-cello tool grinder that uses 14x4x something wheels and with many new green wheels to go with it. He also has a large Kearney&Treckerhorizontal mill with the vertical attachment and tooling. If you are interested in the old engines or machines, send me an e-mail and I will give you a ph.#. Regards Butch papawlambert@starband.net