Gunsmoke

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Re: Gunsmoke

Post by spro »

B4autodark. I caught the humor in your reply. Ellen .. view..notorious thumping not required within good inside humor. :)
Oh, James was in Hondo too.
b4autodark

Post by b4autodark »

Spro my friend,
Sorry if I took your post off track. I watched a lot of tv here in the frozen north as a child. I have many fond memories of tv shows being watched by my brother and I over peanut butter sandwiches and potatoe chips and cool aid. Lunch with Casey Jones in this area and then an afternoon movie with Mel Jass as host, sometimes a western. Ahh, I didn't know how precious those days were!
spro

Post by spro »

Dear man.. Maybe deer or reindeer :) Though afar we are close. ISLANDS IN THE SKY is a movie everyone should see. This didn't take place below the belt. It was Nort Country and James Arness , Richard Widemark, Andy Devine (in a dramatic role) and dang Dan Duryea. Cool B/W movie.
spro

Post by spro »

Okay here's a sorry. I did some checking and this movie had been hyped up long ago. Dang Dan Duryea wasn't there but LLoyd Nolan was. John Wayne, of course. Labrador serious cold..hey full stop but not between floors. Planes man. You can almost feel it. It was ISLAND IN THE SKY.
There is a question about why bring these notions up. Why mention movies? This can't go on BUT serious revolvers and rifles and notice the balance. The plot surrounds what we cold not see. It is well to be engaged into more than either one.
Island is one of those movies where it was about survival and risking their lives to rescue fellow crewmen, brothers. This is respect worthy. Dated yes but see the equipment and the ....too much is enough.