Need forming help

Sheet Metal Fabrication techniques, questions and help. "Tricks of the Trade"

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Larry

Need forming help

Post by Larry »

I need to make fabric formers for the E2 cub I'm rebuilding. I need three 10ft. lengths. I can splice shorter pieces if I have to.As measured they are 20ga mild steel, .515 deep by .280 wide U shaped with the edges curved in. I will try to attach a photo. I think they were originally drawn thru some kind of die. If anyone is interested, I have a web site on the project. Thanks, Larry
http://users.tznet.com/~larik/
I was not able to attach a photo
MikeC

Re: Need forming help

Post by MikeC »

I have a friend who has an E-2 here in town. I'll see what he used.

If you know of anyone looking for a J-2 project on floats, I know where there's one.. cheap. It's been modified for an A-65 and already has the rear float tabs welded on the fuse. Gear is included.
18x72 L&S, Fosdick 3ft radial, Van Norman 2G bridgemill, Van Norman #12, K. O. Lee T&C grinder, Steptoe-Western 12X universal HS shaper, 16spd benchtop DP, Grob band filer, South Bend 10L
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

The E-2 guy didn't come by this afternoon. Maybe Friday night (EAA meeting), or next week.
18x72 L&S, Fosdick 3ft radial, Van Norman 2G bridgemill, Van Norman #12, K. O. Lee T&C grinder, Steptoe-Western 12X universal HS shaper, 16spd benchtop DP, Grob band filer, South Bend 10L
Larry

Post by Larry »

Thanks Mike, The forman of a large machine and metal working shop in Colby thought he might be able to do it on the press brake. He wants to try it. Money is a factor with me, but I sure would like to get it flying for the Midwest Antique Aircraft Club flyin in Sept. Larrry
Grue

Post by Grue »

One of the guys on the boards at http://www.thesheetmetalshop.com/pn/ind ... file=index
might be able to help you. What is your locality?

Glenn