Introducing "Little Mac" a 3-1/2" Gauge electric switcher

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

jcbrock

Re: Introducing "Little Mac" a 3-1/2" Gauge electric switche

Post by jcbrock »

People were having a great time giving Marty's loco a try at the St Croix meet, I hope a few people in the club get them to increase high line usage and hopefully maintenance. It ran all day on a single charge and easily took two adults around.

H&NERY, I didn't know that was you this weekend. Bring your Northern back to one of the spring/fall meets, I'm sure people would like to see it.
John Brock
Marty of FWF

Re: Introducing "Little Mac" a 3-1/2" Gauge electric switche

Post by Marty of FWF »

Just jumped in here to post an update about the 3/4" Barber trucks being completed and ready to ship.
Then I noticed some familiar photos from the St. Croix run. Nice.
We did have a very nice weekend and a great time.
Thanks,
Marty
Pontiacguy1

Re: Introducing "Little Mac" a 3-1/2" Gauge electric switcher

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

How is the Lil Mac holding up? Hopefully you've sold several. Been well over a year since we've heard any update on it.
dakine

Re: Introducing "Little Mac" a 3-1/2" Gauge electric switcher

Post by dakine »

I am building a Clishay. (Statesboro, Ga - North Georgia Live steamers.)
An old post of yours stated - "I have replaced the boiler with an 8" steel/copper firetube boiler with a modified to fit firebox."
I am planning on the similar, 8" steel shell with expanded or rolled 1/2" copper tubes and using COAL. - My question is how man tubes did you use? See My builder log if you have time - for layout to boiler tubes.
Thank you , really need all the help I can get! I am new at this. Take care, John