1/8" Scale Retaining Valve

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

FLtenwheeler

1/8" Scale Retaining Valve

Post by FLtenwheeler »

I have drawn up the brake retainer valve to add even more details to your freight cars. Available on Shapeways.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/meyer-locomotive-works

Tim
Attachments
Retainer Valve.JPG
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
Rwilliams

Re: 1/8" Scale Retaining Valve

Post by Rwilliams »

Thank you so much for your efforts. I have wanted a few of those for many years and had almost finished an oversize master for lost wax casting. Now I can relax and order from Shapeways.

You have helped to fill a serious detail void in our hobby.
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

You are very welcome.

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Hi All

Is there any other brake parts anyone is looking for? I just purchased some old manuals from England so I have a lot of information.

Tim
Rwilliams

Post by Rwilliams »

I went to the Shapeways website and put in an order for two of the retainer valves in cast brass.

The next day I got a notice from Shapeways in regards to a problem with the part design which only the person making the drawing could resolve. Therefore, my order was canceled until the part design problem was resolved.

Rather disappointing, but things do happen with new untested drawings. Any idea when the part problem will be resolved?
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Rwilliams wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:08 pm I went to the Shapeways website and put in an order for two of the retainer valves in cast brass.
The next day I got a notice from Shapeways in regards to a problem with the part design which only the person making the drawing could resolve. Therefore, my order was canceled until the part design problem was resolved.
Rather disappointing, but things do happen with new untested drawings. Any idea when the part problem will be resolved?
I am very sorry for the inconvenience. The details is to fine for the it to be printed in wax and cast in brass reliably. They are available in plastic as of right now.

Tim