T-frame Bettendorf trucks ****SOLD****

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

OddDuck

T-frame Bettendorf trucks ****SOLD****

Post by OddDuck »

Here they are, I have 6 sets of my new T-frame Bettendorf trucks ready for sale. $150.00 US per set, plus shipping. PM me if you would like a set, PayPal preferred. Postage will be by flat rate box, every time I have checked it comes out to be cheaper or nearly as cheap. If I run out, fear not, I will be casting more in the very near future.
1/8th scale, suitable for 7 1/4" or 7 1/2" gauge.
Attachments
IMG_20190420_164508013~2.jpg
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
OddDuck

Re: T-frame Bettendorf trucks

Post by OddDuck »

A minor clarification, the kit includes 4 side frames, 2 bolsters, and 2 spring planks. I don't supply wheels and axles, I can't compete with some of the suppliers of cast wheels that are out there at the moment, I could buy them cheaper and easier than I could cast them.
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

3 sets already spoken for.
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

These are gorgeous castings, Pete!
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Thanks Dick! Still have 3 sets left, and I am all set to cast more if needed.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Two sets left in the first batch...
Andy R

Post by Andy R »

Yesterday I received a set of castings from Peter for the Bettendorf T-Type bolster trucks, which will eventually be under a PFE R30-13 refrigerator car. The components are as-cast, with some lumps and bumps which will have to be removed. As Peter had indicated, that is nothing a flap disc and a file won't fix.
The sideframes are set up for four springs per side even though Peter’s photo only illustrates two. Springs are 1/2" diameter, 1 1/4" long. The sideframes are cored for bearings, about 0.8 to 0.85 in ID, so a little work on the mill will be appropriate for whatever bearings I pick out.
The cost was very reasonable.
Now I need to get wheels, bearings and axles.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Thanks Andy, looking forward to seeing the final product. And, only one set left of this first batch!
rwmorris

Post by rwmorris »

Mine arrived Friday! Very nice...

Thx,

RM
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

First batch all sold! I'll be casting more in the next several weeks. Thanks everyone!
Andy R

T-frame Bettendorf trucks fabricated

Post by Andy R »

Here's the T-frame Bettendorf trucks that I assembled from castings obtained from Peter Grant (Odd Duck Foundry). The photo was taken while checking the gauge at Orange County Model Engineers today. The wheels were machined from castings obtained from Ben Viola (The Roundhouse) and the axles were machined from 5/8-in. stock obtained from McMaster Carr. Bearings are R6ZZ. The springs were also obtained from Ben Viola. Overall it was a fun project and I hope to soon have them under a PFE Refrigerator car kit.
Attachments
IMG_3756.JPG
PRR5406

Re: T-frame Bettendorf trucks ****SOLD****

Post by PRR5406 »

They look terrific! Please show them when they're mounted under the reefer.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."