Berkshire Trailing Truck Axle boxes

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

JKreider

Berkshire Trailing Truck Axle boxes

Post by JKreider »

These are the front (top) and rear (bottom) trailing truck axle boxes for the 1.5 ' scale
IMG_0981-1.jpg
Berkshire. They are modeled right off the prototype drawings and have lands inside to support a plain bearing.
I’ve sold many of these for other engines. They are sand cast in bronze.
They finish to 1-1/2” pedestal opening for the front journal and about 1-3/4” for the rear. They are designed for a max 7/8" axle on the front and a max 1-1/8" axle on the rear.
I have a surplus of these so I’m offering them at a discount if anyone would like to have them for their project.
They normally sell for $35.00 each for the front and $45.00 each for the rear. I’m offering them for $10 off the normal retail, each. Drawing included.
The rear box requires an add on piece to the outside which is a lost wax casting. I don’t have these in stock but I can run them if I get enough orders.
Please PM me if interested.

Jim Kreider
JKreider

Re: Berkshire Trailing Truck Axle boxes

Post by JKreider »

Attached are the drawings for the two axle boxes.

Jim Kreider
Attachments
Trailing Truck Front Box-1.pdf
(194.41 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
Trailing Truck Rear Box-1.pdf
(165.17 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
optigman

Post by optigman »

Very very nice looking castings. Looks like you have a top quality pattern and a foundry that knows how to make a mold properly, as well as pour a fine casting! No visible mold shift. No parting ram offs. These will function as good as they look!!!!
JKreider

Post by JKreider »

Thank you optigman. With your being a professional patternmaker for many years and operating your own pattern shop, you should know and your approval means a lot. You are the “go to” guy for pattern and foundry questions!

Jim