Wallis and Steevens Road Roller Castings ****SOLD****

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

joerom

Wallis and Steevens Road Roller Castings ****SOLD****

Post by joerom »

I have what I believe to be a full set of castings minus the rolls I am going to sell..This thing is in 4 1/2 scale and will be 52" long and would weigh 500 pounds when done...I do have rolled rear rings to make your own rolls and you can get discs on ebay to make them...The problem with this is that it takes 2 people to lift the castings I have, so there is no way I would ship this..To give you an idea of the size, the rear rolls in the pictures are a little over 16", so you can see the size of the castings..Drawings are also included...The last picture is what it would look like when finished and to give you an idea of what it is, if you did not know already....You would have to come and get them here in PA..I do not know what to ask for these castings, so please PM me if you have an interest..
joerom

Re: Wallis and Steevens Road Roller Castings

Post by joerom »

IMG_0991.JPG
IMG_0992.JPG
IMG_0993.JPG
IMG_0994.JPG
joerom

Post by joerom »

roller.jpg
thunderskunk

Post by thunderskunk »

That thing looks awesome! I’ve got enough projects to stay busy myself, but the prototype looks like a industrial era rat rod
"We'll cross that bridge once we realize nobody ever built one."
Howard Gorin

Post by Howard Gorin »

Where in PA are you located?
Do you have asking price?
joerom

Post by joerom »

I am in Berrysburg,PA 17005...I was told that if you wanted the cast iron rolls they sell, rather than making them, they would be $2500. shipped to the USA..So, I would imagine that with the weight and amount of these castings, it would also be expensive to purchase and have shipped..I am not looking to get rich, what do you think they are worth...….I just don't know what to ask...………..
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

How cool is this. Sure make it easy to patch cracks in your driveway with hot asphalt!
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
joerom

Post by joerom »

This is now sold,thank you...………..