3/4" Scale B&A D1a 4-6-6T ****SOLD****

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

JohnHudak

3/4" Scale B&A D1a 4-6-6T ****SOLD****

Post by JohnHudak »

I finally realize that I'll never get back to finishing my 3/4" B&A Tanker project.. This project started out as a Yankee/Friends casting set, but I ended up using very few of those castings.. The Cylinders were made using modified Yankee Hudson Cylinders (piston valves), and the rear truck was completely scratch built..
I believe I only used the drivers, the front beam, and the smoke stack..
It has a copper boiler built by Harry Wade that has never been fired, and as you can see in the video, runs on just a few pounds of compressed air...
I also have other parts for this locomotive as well, one of my 5 chime Nathan whistles, the rear pilot (cow catcher) a spare rear ladder piece (in case the current one gets bent), the piston rings, the brake hangers, the Yankee throttle block, the stand that the locomotive is sitting on in the video, and whatever else I can find that I have laying around for it...?
There is still a fair amount of work to do on this loco, the plumbing, the cylinder cocks, the ashpan/grates, sealing the tender, the throttle, paint, etc.. This loco also comes with a wooden case..
I have paint stencils for "Boston and Albany" along with the number "402" as well..
I'm asking $4500 for this beautiful locomotive.. And would be willing to drive 5-6 hours from the Youngstown Ohio area for delivery..
I really wanted to keep this loco for myself, but I know that I probably never will, and it's so nice that it needs to run somewhere...
Here's a youtube video of it running.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1JDmG7Koa8
Feel free to ask any questions..
Pontiacguy1

Re: 3/4" Scale B&A D1a 4-6-6T

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

Oooohh! I want it bad! No way I can buy it right now, and if I did, I wouldn't have anywhere to store it right now, and with all the other projects I've managed to accumulate over the years it would probably cause marital problems as well. Always loved the look of those tankers, though, and that one is really beautiful.
JohnHudak

Post by JohnHudak »

This is Sold...!
LVRR2095

Post by LVRR2095 »

Too bad you had to wait so long to sell your locomotive!
😊

Keith
JohnHudak

Post by JohnHudak »

LVRR2095 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:15 pm Too bad you had to wait so long to sell your locomotive!
😊

Keith
Keith, The reason I waited so long is that I was going to keep this one..!
But, building the 1-1/2" Scale PRR G-5, and then possibly an 1-1/2" NYC Pacific after that, I realized that I'll never get back to it.. It's so nice, that I want to see it run, The person I sold it to will do an amazing job on it as well, so it's in good hands...
John
LVRR2095

Post by LVRR2095 »

John;
I should have been clearer.....I was kidding about how long it was up for sale...a few hours.
It is a beautiful locomotive and the new owner will enjoy the locomotive as much as you must have enjoyed creating it!

Keith
JohnHudak

Post by JohnHudak »

LVRR2095 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:30 pm John;
I should have been clearer.....I was kidding about how long it was up for sale...a few hours.
It is a beautiful locomotive and the new owner will enjoy the locomotive as much as you must have enjoyed creating it!

Keith
Ahhhh, I gotcha...!