Standard Injector Update

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

AnthonyDuarte

Standard Injector Update

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

"Is it interchangeable with a SuperScale Economy?" is the most frequent question I get regarding the Standard Injector. Well, now EE will offer a SECOND VERSION of the Standard Injector that IS directly compatible with a SuperScale Economy. This will not replace the Standard Injector, but will be an additional product. The delivery nozzle and bottom cap will also see a change to make them easier to remove (similar to the Small and Intermediate injectors).

I expect some customers with the original EE Standard injectors will want stainless steel nozzle upgrades, so I will still make the old style delivery nozzle in stainless to offer as replacements.

If you have already pre-ordered a Standard Injector and would prefer the SuperScale compatable version, just let me know! The price will be the same for either version (still $350 each).

Production is starting today while I wait for replacement Monitor castings, and I expect to have them ready in 3-4 weeks.

SuperScale Compatable (left), Eccentric Engineer Standard (Right)
SS Compatable Injector.JPG

Updated cap & Nozzle (left), original cap & Nozzle (right)
v2.0 vs v3.0.JPG
Soot n' Cinders

Re: Standard Injector Update

Post by Soot n' Cinders »

Glad to see you’re making a super scale compatible injector! I know several guys who will enjoy seeing that come out since super scale was the go to for so long.
Having the standards myself, I might order a set of stainless cones for mine as a spare in case the original brass ones ever wear out.
-Tristan

Projects
-2.5" scale Class A 20 Ton Shay

Steam Siphon: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/leavitt ... tive-works
hoppercar

Post by hoppercar »

Any future plans for boiler check valves ??
ChipsAhoy

Post by ChipsAhoy »

Anthony:
Help me understand, by compatible, do you mean that the fittings line up with the Super Scale? So that if one removes the super scale to do a wholesale replacement, everything will line up, and capacities are similiar? (ie, bolt in replacement)
Or do you mean that internal parts are interchangeable?
Scotty
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

The fittings line up and the Union nuts are the same thread.
None of the internals are interchangeable.

Anthony