North Mississippi live steam

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Cmdrbigbob

North Mississippi live steam

Post by Cmdrbigbob »

I was wondering if there were any other live steam guys in North MS?

I got into the hobby a couple of years ago and am a member at Mid South. Now that I am starting to finish projects and have stuff to run I’d like to get on the track more. However Mid South is still 3 1/2 hours away so I don’t get to run as much as would like. I’m curious if there are other guys in the North MS area and if there is anywhere closer to run?

If not I’ve got the wife’s permission to put track around the farm.
Fender

Re: North Mississippi live steam

Post by Fender »

I have a friend who has a short oval track in the Hattiesburg area, and another live steam friend in Clinton, but I know of no club tracks in Mississippi. Have you been to Eagle Point RR near Chattanooga? Our Spring Meet will be April 25-28.
Dan Watson
Chattanooga, TN
Pontiacguy1

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

There was one person in North Mississippi who used to have a pretty nice track at his house. From what I can remember being told about it, one of the turnaround loops or a little piece of the track was on a neighbor's property, and had been that way for decades. The neighbor property was finally sold and the track had to come up. He removed all of the track and no longer has anything. That was probably 7 or 8 years ago. Just going off my memory, but you know that's not always accurate.
DavidPrice

Post by DavidPrice »

Cmdrbigbob,
Mississippi is pretty much a live steam wasteland...sadly. I live in Hattiesburg. One other live steamer lives in Clinton.
I belong to the Canton, St. Paul & Pacific Railway in Canton, GA. Would be glad to have you there as my guest sometime.
Meanwhile, consider yourself lucky you are closer to Mid-South in Columbia, TN than I am.
If there is any way I might encourage you, help you and cheer you on, please reach out. We need more of our breed around here!
David Price
Hattiesburg, MS
DavidPrice

Post by DavidPrice »

Cmdrbibbob,
I was thinking of live steam only. Don't forget Dwight Blackburn near Columbus. Certainly you know him...great guy...very creative with lots of knowledge. He is the one who used to have a track at his house.