Model Engine Builder magazine

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

Rich_Carlstedt

Model Engine Builder magazine

Post by Rich_Carlstedt »

As a model steam engine nut, I have also wanted to do Internal Combustion Engines, and the (now defunct, but availble) Strictly IC was a great magazine, that I treasure in my collections.
The new magazine out , Model Engine Builder, is equally impressive and a definite requirement to have for those with intersts in IC construction articles.
The second issue has without a doubt, THE FINEST construction and Drawings of any Article for IC engine building I have ever seen . It is for a Morton 5 cylinder Radial Engine. For me, (and I have written to the editor telling him this) the entire cost of the first year was worth it with just this one engine!
You cannot buy plans this good. and their was about 28 pages of them as I recall
I look forward to more issues and hope to build this engine next year.
I have about 88 "like to do" projects, but this one got bumped into number 3 in front of a few steamers !
RSigler

Re: Model Engine Builder magazine

Post by RSigler »

Wow! Thanks for those kind words regarding my M5 drawings. They were a lot of work to produce but comments like yours make the effort well worthwhile!

Robert
Rich_Carlstedt

Post by Rich_Carlstedt »

Bob...very nice work !
The bench mark has been raised !

my best
Rich
J Tiers

Post by J Tiers »

I agree. I just went through the drawings today, very nice.

I probably won't ever mess with that engine, as far as building it, but I can appreciate the very clear drawings....
Dave Burnett

Post by Dave Burnett »

How do I subsribe to Model Engine Magazine ?
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

This link should take you there.

www.modelenginebuilder.com

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Dave B.

Post by Dave B. »

Harold, Thanks for the subscription information. I finally got around to subscribing. Dave