Gearless Hit & Miss

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

Garageman

Gearless Hit & Miss

Post by Garageman »

:( Am trying to locate a set of plans to construct the Gearless Hit & Miss Engine designed by the late Philip Duclos. The plans were originally published as a series of articles in Home Shop Machinist. The relevant back
issues are no longer available, nor do I have access to an old collection. Peter Brooks published an index for the Village Press's various hardcover books. The gearless engine plans were listed as being in the book "The Shop Wisdom of Philip Duclos". Naturally I ordered a copy, but after scanning the book with several different pairs of eyeglasses, I could find the plans nowhere. As a last resort I checked the index and confirmed what was already becoming painfully evident, this search was not going to be a 'piece of cake'. I'm sure someone out there can steer me in the right direction.

Post by Guest »

Hi Garage man
the gearless hit and miss is in book titled two shop masters by village press Ken

Post by Guest »

Hi

You will find the build articles for the Gearless in the book 'Two Shop Masters' - Frank McLean and Philip Duclos. The book is printed by Village Press, but available for $29 instead of $39 at OKDPM.

See: http://www.okdpm.com/customer/product.p ... 304&page=1

Hope this helps

Dave
Saudi-Arabia-On-Sea