What happened to Cole's Power models

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Trainman4602

What happened to Cole's Power models

Post by Trainman4602 »

I have been trying to reach Cole's for a week now with no luck. Can anyone tell me if they are still in business Or were I can buy some 1/8 MPT valves.
smagovic

Post by smagovic »

I got a few things from the at the begining of the month, but I ordered more stuff, Faxed it, Fax went through, but I did not hear from them either. Today I started to worry. Funny you asked. But, again they had a lot of changes there, and it is summer, and it is CA. Vic Smagovic
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

Do you think they're stuck up at Train Mountain? cb
smagovic

Post by smagovic »

I called them and they work only until lunch of Pacific time. They accept telephone messages, e-mail and Fax.So, it seems they are still functioning, just a little bit slower. I know how it feels when you wait for something, by the time i tarrives you are working on something else. Well.. it is not going to get any better. Now I see why it takes to build something 12 years.Take care. Vic Smagovic
Bill Shields

Coles

Post by Bill Shields »

I have had good, average and mediocre luck with them.

I always get what I want, but sometimes it takes a bit longer.

Alternate suppliers are available for most everything...

Need Rivets?
willy

Post by willy »

JUst pray you never move. I told them that I had a change of address for a ebay item I won with them. Some one put the correct address on. Then some one else came through and put a 4 digit address label over the correct one (our roads are only 2 digits high). Fortunately it is a small town and UPS was able to laugh it off. God help the rest of you.

Willy
highiron999

Post by highiron999 »

Coles was not at Train Mountain and probably does not have 1/8" MTP valves in stock. Try AME in Fla. , PM Research or try Locoparts-Leonard Evans/Highiron999
smagovic

Post by smagovic »

I contacted Cole's, via e-mail this lunchtime, and got the following answer:

"VICTOR: I have your order. As of last Monday we went on summer hours so it
will take a little longer,
Greg
CPM "

Actually, they answered at 10PM, which is pretty good, not many businesses would do that.

Why don't you send them an e-mail and ask if they have your part. They will let you know.

Vic Smagovic
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

Sounds like a plane. I'll try email
John_N

Valves

Post by John_N »

Don with Loco Parts was at Train Mt and had some very nice valves he is bring out. Not on the web site yet.

http://www.locoparts.net/

John
cp4449

Coles hours

Post by cp4449 »

"As of last Monday we went on summer hours"

The current hours where 9-12 PDT. What is "summer" hours? Actually, how would one stay in buisness with such short operating hours?
Christopher P. Mahony
Los Angeles Live Steamers
1 inch scale member
smagovic

summer working hours

Post by smagovic »

C.P. summer working hours does not necessarily means working less hours. It could be they work from 4PM to 12PM. I just red a post from a guy in Arizona, he has a shop in a garage, and because of the heat during the day he works at night. Unfortunately, we have to accept the inevitable, that the breed of people whom do this kind of work, e.g. selling hobby stuff is a dying breed. There are so many of them whom are old and sick, they work only a few hours a day, it is their form of a retirement. Some of them passed their businesses on friends, again just a part time. Right now I have on order things from about 3 or 4 businesses like this. They are not MSC's, Enco's and so on. Just a mom and pap. It is similar in the UK, but it is not as severe. I gather it is because per capita, more people do this type of hoobies there than we do here. The reduced working hours, is connected to the reasons why many of the older people do not go on the internet. They do not understand it, and it cost money, and it does not do anything for their business. The volume they sell just does not justify the expenses. And, it does not add to the speed of the fulfilment of the orders, since if the orders are comming in faster there is no one to go and grab it from the bins, and mail it. Take care. Vic Smagovic