LALS Part 2: The smaller gauges

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

cp4449

LALS Part 2: The smaller gauges

Post by cp4449 »

Riding on Leonard Evens post:

The LALS smaller scale tracks (3 1/2" and 4 3/4") are going through a rebuild while the 1 1/2" tracks are being rebuilt. There will be a new four siding yard near the steam plant, a new passing track, and the leveling out of the to main loops on the property.

Future plans include signals, a tunnel, and some structures.

LALS is the only live steam club in Southern California that has the smaller scale tracks. I suggest that any live steamer with 3/4" or 1" equipment give us a run. We would love to see other equipment from around the country!
Christopher P. Mahony
Los Angeles Live Steamers
1 inch scale member
highiron999

Post by highiron999 »

To All:

The one inch track is truely a bright spot at the LA club. A place where the 'hobby' still thrives. There is no public riding issue and the track is large enough to offer hours of fun running, thanks to the Bergs and now Chris Mahoney's effort to maintain and improve the track.

In '89 the track was in sad condition and disgracefully neglected. Ted and Ginny Berg took it on themselves, almost singlehandedly, to restore BOTH the track and several now beautiful structures.

Today, with the help of John DeRosa, Tom Downing, Chris and others, the added track will allow a longer run that includes yards for switching and the option of point to point ops.

This shows dramatically the huge difference a few dedicated people can make in our hobby.

Thanks to all-Leonard Evans/highiron999
mattmason

LALS 1" scale

Post by mattmason »

Chris, Ted, Ginny, and the others have to be applauded for their efforts. I am not from LALS, but am very happy when my stuff makes it down there to run. The track is in better shape than most "revenue generating" 7.5" gauge tracks. I usually bring both scales to their meets because I just can't decide which track to run on.

Matt Mason