Moving Right along

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Moving Right along

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

I would like to get some input on the Forum Main topics and descriptions. Please look them over and let me know if they could be better described.
We talked about a forum for more complex machining operations like threading and Boring.

Also, would like to see others try the file attachment upload. Don't care what you upload (keep it clean please :-)
but give it a go. As Harold eluded, it seems quite simple. Will be valuable, no more Internet Provider needed to upload to first and then point to it with a URL.

I hope it gets used more, digital cameras are so cheap these days. Now it will be as easy as point and click.

I will be soliciting a few more users from the old board to give the new site a try.

Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
Jacin

Re: Moving Right along

Post by Jacin »

Test to see if I can add a pic to this response
John_Stevenson

Post by John_Stevenson »

Marty,
I think the forum topics are well covered.
Possibly one not covered is books and manuals but this could go in General.
Too many topics and you are off screen so the lower ones tend to get missed.

Two items that could be clearer are the PostBox where I'm typing this reply at the moment. It's a little small wheras the Gremlins [ Spelt wrong BTY ] and the UBB code boxes take up far more space.
Second item is the picture attachments. It's not obvious to first time users that the small blue Attachment logo at the top of the post is a picture.
I know we will get used to it but how about the paper clip logo as well. This is pretty universal as an attachment logo.

Other than this I like the setup. Incidently being a one man band I started my apprenticeship as a chip sweeper and 40 years on I'm still the chip sweeper [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/wink.gif"%20alt="[/img]
Would have been nice to have made tea lad [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/grin.gif"%20alt="[/img]
itspcb

Post by itspcb »

Marty . The Inverter/Converter/vfd and other electrical stuff may be better off in separate thread.

I think you have done a great job .The ease of the photo attach is great and means that you can pop into the workshop take a pic down load it within a minute, something I would not have done before.

A small point in your instructions (post 12/21/02 12.11pm ) where I went wrong was at step 'CLICK THE BROWSE and find a test file' On my system you need to open the file to get it into the file box, then click to continue, Otherwise piece of cake ( and I confirm it does not permit pics over 100K)

PS, given this new technology we need an understanding that you'll not be sending my wife a note on all the hours I spend on this forum: as to being a chip sweeper it just confirms what she has always thought.

Thanks again.

Peter B
UK
MEL

Post by MEL »

OK, I will try to attach a photo. Have been remodeling home. An old farm house. No pic's of shop at bresent time. Hope I chose the right one.
MEL

Post by MEL »

It worked. Great. Now if I can just learn to hit the right keys when I type. [img]/ubb/images/graemlins/wink.gif"%20alt="[/img]