Coles Models Holt 75 engine model

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

Rwilliams

Coles Models Holt 75 engine model

Post by Rwilliams »

Long ago Cole's Power Models offered prints and a casting set for the Holt 75 motor. I considered building the model more than once but never did. A friend bought the casting set but was not a machinist. He had a machinist begin working on the castings, but the parts were never completed and returned to him in a box without the prints.

Is it still possible to get a set of prints?

Is there anyone out there offering the crankshaft and camshaft finished and ready to install for this model engine?

The friend stumbled onto a early Samson Iron Works 6 inch centrifugal pump and scaled it down and had castings made. The plan is to bolt the finished engine on a bed frame connected to the 1/6 scale Samson pump when completed and have it appear like many of the vintage water pumps used to pump water from the rivers years ago for irrigation in the San Joaquin Valley of Ca.

If we can find the drawings and a source for the cam and crank it will make for a beautiful model like never seen before.

Robert
FKreider

Re: Coles Models Holt 75 engine model

Post by FKreider »

I am also very interested in a set of drawings for the Holt engine.

Coles was sold and is now defunct, I spoke with the current owner about two years ago and he told me that he would sell the entire business for $100k.
-Frank K.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

I would be interested in a set as well.
Dick_Morris

Post by Dick_Morris »

Are you still looking for drawings? I have a set. I don't usually frequent this area so send me a PM.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

I managed to get a set, and there is also a gentleman on the HMEM site that is working on a set of drawings for a bar stock engine. Depending on my work load I hope to make some castings for the engine by the end of the year.
Trainsplanesandautos

Post by Trainsplanesandautos »

I have most of two casting sets for these engines. And a full print set. I also 10 years ago found someone who machined a crank and cam which are works of art. Also the crankcase is a interesting machining project that requires a shaper to complete. I again 10 years ago located a model machinist who completed the machining for a crankcase. I have a full set of gears, valve springs, and spark plugs. If someone is interested I might part with all.

Mark
Rwilliams

Post by Rwilliams »

And a big thank you to Dick Morris for providing a set of prints for the Holt 75 model motor. It will be a great help in completion of the long dormant project.
JackF

Post by JackF »

Mark, this post belongs in the Buy, Sell, Trade section.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

JackF wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:10 pm Mark, this post belongs in the Buy, Sell, Trade section.
That would be true under normal advertising, but in this case it is in response to a request, so it is properly placed.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
FKreider

Post by FKreider »

I am still interested in a set of prints of anyone has a set they would like to part with.
-Frank K.
gbritnell

Post by gbritnell »

I am the fellow mentioned in an earlier reply. I have drawn a complete set of drawings from my scratch built Holt. The drawings include upgrades to the original design and have drawings for water pump, radiator and cooling system. The ignition has been changed to a Hall trigger type.
The manifolds which originally were castings have been designed so that they can be fabricated from steel or brass.
Anyone wanting further information please send me a PM.
gbritnell
Rumelyguy

Post by Rumelyguy »

Hi All,

I have acquired a Coles Holt casting kit. I am to purchase drawings and gather some information!!!

Does anyone have a list of the actual castings in the kit? I am not sure if everything is there or not.

Thanks in advance!